Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! I am enjoying my first summer with my '17 EcoBoost Premium. I recently noticed that when I engage the cooled seat on the driver side, warm/hot air blows from the front of the seat towards my legs. This may have been happening since I first got the car a few months ago, but I never noticed it because I was wearing long pants. Now that shorts season is upon us, it's bugging the hell out of me. This hot air doesn't blow out of the passenger seat.

Has anybody else experienced this issue? Is it normal or should I have the seats inspected since the car is still under warranty? I've searched around on the forum but could not find anything on this subject.

Also, I'm wondering if only the seat bottom is supposed to be cooled or the seat back as well, since I'm not feeling anything on my back.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Tom

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Get it checked under warranty... It is not normal.
Only the seat base is cooled on my 2017 Premium Ecoboost.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Check the plug under passenger seat it sometimes shorts out but usually doesn’t work at all to much power on one ground wire factory defect. Put a new plug on mine works great for three months now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
FYI, there was a guy on this site a couple of years back that was 3D printing replacement covers for the blowers on the cooled seats. His cover had two fittings to accept 3/4" corrugated tubing that you would run up to the front edge of the seat. The inlet air would come from the foot well where it was cooler making the cooled seats more effective than taking air from under the seat.

The folks that tried it were happy with the improvement. I purchased a set from him but have been two lazy to unbolt the seats to get under there to swap the covers.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
576 Posts
I have not noticed this, however, I spend much of my time with the top down and would never feel anything on my legs anyway. I'm still not particularly thrilled with the performance of the system, which seems to barely cool the bottom and virtually do nothing on the seatback.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well? Any answer on this?
I took the car to the service center and they compared it to two other Mustangs they had there (one belongs to the owner of the place); both have air blowing forward on the driver side. They said that there's nothing to do about it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I took the car to the service center and they compared it to two other Mustangs they had there (one belongs to the owner of the place); both have air blowing forward on the driver side. They said that there's nothing to do about it.
Interesting. I don't think my '17 has that issue. I hear the blowers in the seats, but so far, not blowing out the front.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts