• Continue to work reduced

Results are only viewable after voting.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

Another COVID post, where I will carefully try to answer a simple question without hopefully going off into tangents that nobody really wants to delve into here.

So, I am simply curious as to how many people's company has either told them to:

"Work from home, until further notice"
"Sent home, with no work available"
"Continue to work regular hours on location"
"Continue to work reduced hours on location"

I don't want opinions on why, or your opinions on the government or the state of healthcare. Nope. Just wanna know how many people are now groundhogs, like me. If you want to tangent into something, please create your own thread. Thanks!

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have been working from home since last week. They would like 75% of us to do so. Had a hard time getting to 50% last week. A few more are doing it this week. Not sure when it will end. We do a weekly call and I see it scheduled to mid May right now.

Not bad to do, but my dining room table and chairs are not the best for an 8 hour stretch I found.

Someone has to be in the office for things. Get the mail and scan it to those working remotely. I just had something come in my email that has to be printed and signed for a client. So forwarded it to the one in the office to print, take it to someone who has authority to sign (he doesn't have authority), scan and return it to me.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
203 Posts
I've also bee working at home, I'm a project engineer for a commercial door company and im lucky that all my work is done on CAD Revit and excel on my PC. Last Monday we got the order that the office was being closed until April 7th, loaded up the PC and monitors and connected to our company VPN and I'm good to go. I know most are not so lucky, we got sent a company wide email yesterday that all our shop and field installers were being temporarily laid off until all this BS is over, my heart goes out to all their families.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
We were told a couple of weeks ago if you don't feel well, have had contact with some one sick, have kids that are out of school or have been told to self quarentine stay home and don't worry you will still get your pay. We were also told that if your job allows you to work from home do so and charge your time as usual.

Most everyone in production operations have been coming and working a normal day. Most everyone in technical operations have been working from home. I have the ability to work from home but can't fill a week so i have been going in.

Dave

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I'm retired. But I can't resist sharing this. US Chair Force FTW:

·
Registered
2018 Premium Fastback
54 Posts
Working from home as of the middle of last week when I was given the option. The company has been planning to switch to offsite, and transitioning over the past two weeks. As of today (beginning of county lock down) it is mandatory for all non-essential personnel (essential is tech support and network engineers) to work from home. My company is considered an essential business so it is not a violation of the lock down if someone needs to go to the office for some reason just need to okay it with management.

·
Super Moderator
2,966 Posts
I work for law enforcement, so we're all essential...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi all
Unfortunately Covid 19 has hit South African shores. We go into "lockdown " from tomorrow night.
I am a doctor at the largest hospital in Cape Town, we are also the designated isolation facility for the sickest of the sick. So I will be spending very little time at home, but it is also extremely humbling all the support and well wishes our profession are getting. As always, I feel blessed to be a part of this forum and still log in whenever I need a break and can to "switch off" from other things.
Be safe everyone, this too shall pass.
God bless

Haseena

·
Registered
570 Posts
I’m just flat out staying home to protect my wife, into the second week now, she has lymphoma and other health issues, so the virus would take her quickly. I’m chewing through my 401 .....but I really have no choice.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi all
Unfortunately Covid 19 has hit South African shores. We go into "lockdown " from tomorrow night.
I am a doctor at the largest hospital in Cape Town, we are also the designated isolation facility for the sickest of the sick. So I will be spending very little time at home, but it is also extremely humbling all the support and well wishes our profession are getting. As always, I feel blessed to be a part of this forum and still log in whenever I need a break and can to "switch off" from other things.
Be safe everyone, this too shall pass.
God bless

Haseena
I want to thank you for your dedication to your work, and let you know that I am very proud of the dutiful way that nurses and doctors are going about this. This is a global event, and our hospitals are the front lines. Thank you so much, Doc!! God bless and stay safe.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I’m just flat out staying home to protect my wife, into the second week now, she has lymphoma and other health issues, so the virus would take her quickly. I’m chewing through my 401 .....but I really have no choice.
🙏

·
Registered
614 Posts
I do commercial lease documentation for the property management arm of a very large institutional investor. They shut the offices down to the bare minimum, with only a skeleton staff of property people rotating around. As I'm out at the suburban office I wasn't at much risk for exposure, in fact, my assistant and I were in yesterday, as we needed to do some work which required hands on, and only one PM was in. As I drive, I'm not exposed to the transit system as the vast majority of our downtown office is. Until my dinosaur manager took it away, I had been working from home one day a week on a regular basis.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm WFH here in Clearwater, FL for the forseeable future, as is my wife who is a 5th grade teacher. I manage a team of Salesforce/Sitecore Application Support Engineers, but 95% of my team is remote WFH anyway so I have a great deal of flexibility in my work location, but she is stuck doing distance learning with her class via Microsoft teams at least until middle of April or longer.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Working from home since last Monday 3/16, through till 4/19. New York is essentially on lockdown.

·
Registered
570 Posts
As I mentioned above I’m at home.........got really bored, really quick.....PlayStation, internet, and T.V. only last for so long! So I‘ve got lots of time for my projects, can Finally finish all the improvements my SVO, Im putting in a new built motor, bulletproof C4, moser axles, strange spool, MM torque arm and panhard bar, etc. And then get started on my 83 ranger.
EFE448AC-41D2-42D0-B225-E690A616A205.jpeg

·
Registered
14 Posts
Being active duty Air Force, my career field is considered "essential", so I'm still at work...working. BUT, my NX2 turbo finally arrived, so I'm ready for that install babyyyyy!
Nice! former AF AMMO here (461x0, I thnk its like 2w0 or something these days) but I'm probably quite a bit older than you are, got out in 95 after Desert Storm. Whats your AFSC ? Also, Thank you for your Service.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Nice! former AF AMMO here (461x0, I thnk its like 2w0 or something these days) but I'm probably quite a bit older than you are, got out in 95 after Desert Storm. Whats your AFSC ? Also, Thank you for your Service.
Thank you for your service too, I'm a 3P0, Security Forces, just got back in November from Agadez, Niger AB 201. First deployment.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Easy commute tonight so now relaxing

All the way from the dining room to the family room in time to catch the White House Coronavirus Task Force Briefing.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts