Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 Mustang ecoboost, it has 28000 miles and is totally stock no performance mods. Middle of December the check engine light came on. Took it to a ford house here but the wouldn't look at it until New years eve. I parked it and on January 31st I went to Auto Zone and they checked the code and said cylinder one was misfiring and it needed a coil pack. Went to a different ford dealer, they confirmed the misfire but on further investigation found that cylinder one has a crack in it. The powertrain warranty is covering the rebuild. I don't know what I am going to do with the car. The last three ford products I have bought new all had catastrophic failures, over heated engine melted the spark plugs and studs into the block, transmission failure that left me sitting in the middle of LBJ in Dallas at 4:30pm and a week day afternoon, and now this. May trade it for a different brand.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Any make of vehicle has the chance to break down, your eco went 4 years before failure that ain’t bad at all. Here at the shop we see far more other makes with issues, most notably Jeep, Nissan, Chevy (especially Malibu and impala), VW, BMW........
I‘d keep the eco, once it’s fixed replace the low pressure fuel sensor, and enjoy, at 28k it’s still got a lot of life in it. The only thing I’d trade for is another ford product or a Honda product.....of all the cars we see here at the shop those 2 makes have the fewest issues.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input. The last 3 Ford products I have had have each had a catastrophic failure. two engine failures and
a transmission that left me stranded in the middle of LBJ (I635) in Dallas at 4:30pm on a work day.

My car has been in the shop for two weeks and they haven't even started to work on my car. I am not happy with Ford right now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts