Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I pulled the trigger tonight on a single custom tune by Adam. I guess we'll see just how much he can get out of this yellow vert. :)

·
Registered
216 Posts
One thing I will say about Adam is in the emails that you send back to him with data logs, underline and bold anything you want him to actually read haha. He could have just been ignoring my stupid questions. That said, when I had some various codes that needed to be disabled, he emailed back the new tune file within 5 minutes.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One thing I will say about Adam is in the emails that you send back to him with data logs, underline and bold anything you want him to actually read haha. He could have just been ignoring my stupid questions. That said, when I had some various codes that needed to be disabled, he emailed back the new tune file within 5 minutes.
How long did it take for Adam to send you the initial email, letting you know what you needed to monitor and do for datalogging after you ordered the custom tune? I'm just curious how fast this process will all be.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I sent an email to him directly after purchasing and he responded within a few hours. I had the base tune to datalog with 3 days later. The total process length depends on your mods and how quickly you get back to him with the logs. For my car, I purchased the tune on Feb. 15 and got the hopefully final file from him today. My car is far from stock so it is a slower process for me. I definitely am getting my money's worth for the tune. I would say for a basic bolt on car it should take a couple of weeks overall if you are timely with getting the logs back to him.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I sent an email to him directly after purchasing and he responded within a few hours. I had the base tune to datalog with 3 days later. The total process length depends on your mods and how quickly you get back to him with the logs. For my car, I purchased the tune on Feb. 15 and got the hopefully final file from him today. My car is far from stock so it is a slower process for me. I definitely am getting my money's worth for the tune. I would say for a basic bolt on car it should take a couple of weeks overall if you are timely with getting the logs back to him.
Hmmm, I ordered from the site last night, Sunday, and followed that up with an email directly to him, though have not received a response as of yet.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I sent an email to him at 11am yesterday and he responded with a new tune for me to flash at 10:30 this morning. (Eastern time). I'd say you'll get an email back later tonight. He's usually at least 24 hrs response time.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, I just received his reply and apparently I overlooked (missed) the confirmation email that was sent when I ordered the tune. So it looks like I now have to get the AP plugged in, flash to stage 0 and get some basic information over to him.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just sent the first email to TunePlus with my serial number, vehicle type and all of my mods.. :) I'm assuming I'll stay at Stage 0 now until he tells me differently?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He will probably send you a base file to flash to the car and datalog on. That's what he did for me.
Right, but do I stay on Stage 0 for now or flash back up to Stage 2... I guess I'm confused on this process. Any help here would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And FYI, he just asked me via email if I had replaced the fuel pressure sensor, which I have (thank goodness) but also about the EVAP purge line update... which I have no clue about. Ugggg

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
AND This thread should be read/used as a step-by-step process for moving from an Off The Shelf Cobb Tune to a custom (ProTune) by Adam. So anyone reading this should hopefully be able to follow along to see what steps are required by TunePlus so you know what to expect if/when you choose to move to a ProTune by Adam (TunePlus).

Reactions: Bill_B and Sarge

·
Registered
216 Posts
Has he asked you to datalog yet? Until he asks you to datalog you can be on whatever tune you want. He will tell you what tune to be on for the first datalog.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So Adam just sent another email now asking to see a picture if my engine bay, intake manifold side.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I went the PD Tuning route. He sent base map to start, then data log 2 wot 3k-6k for each rev. . Im on revision 4. Expect 6-7 total.

Reactions: cvf-jason

·
Registered
238 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I went the PD Tuning route. He sent base map to start, then data log 2 wot 3k-6k for each rev. . Im on revision 4. Expect 6-7 total.
No disrespect, but this thread is about TunePlus (aka Tune by Adam), so let's please keep on topic.

Reactions: gatornek

·
Registered
238 Posts
yep, wasnt trying to thread jack just explaining tune process.

Reactions: gatornek

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
And FYI, he just asked me via email if I had replaced the fuel pressure sensor, which I have (thank goodness) but also about the EVAP purge line update... which I have no clue about. Ugggg
Why did u replace the fuel pressure sensor? What about the EVAP purge valve?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Adam just responded after me taking a pic of my intake manifold saying it's the updated line (thank goodness) and that he'll get back to me tomorrow when he's back in the office.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts