Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought CV Fabrication Y pipe which was at a very reasonable price shipped from the states to the UK for £140 bought off eBay ($181.5) in all.

Installed it today and shed 2.3kg (5lbs) from the car. It seemed that my tune has taken advantage of the better flow as well.

Started up on a cold day and saw even flow from both pipes, as I know some people have been worried about how these type of pipes flow. No worries there.

The original Resonator weighed 6.6kg (14.55lbs) the new Y pipe with clamps weighed 3.4kg (7.5lbs) saving 3.2kg (7lbs) in all and, I am sure it has increased HP slightly.

Install Notes-
-Completed on the driveway with jack stands and trolley jack.
-Support the resonator and your rear mufflers (Mufflers are stock) whilst cutting. When you cut through the pipe the rear mufflers fly up as the pipe drops and hit the rear of the car. None of the videos I watch showed that. So I supported the pipes to stop this happening and put bricks under the mufflers to keep them straight.
  • After install, I had a leak on one of the clamps. Not sure why, as they are the large type covering both sides of the pipe, and I used exhaust joint paste. Re tightening has not solved the issue, so will take them off and use some repair exhaust tape around the joints to solve the issue.
  • Slightly louder and deeper tone with no drone.
Other than the leak I was really pleased with the results. Would highly recommend this mod.
Questions welcomed

·
Registered
50 Posts
I received my CVF Y - pipe today. Probably won't get installed for another couple of weeks when I take the car out of winter storage though. Got to say that it is a very impressive piece in terms of fabrication. The wye created where the extra pipe is attached to the straighter piece is particularly impressive. Both pieces are perfectly cut and mated so that each half of the wye is virtually identical to the other. Very balanced. This is not a case of simply tacking one pipe onto the side of another. The welds are flawless. There is no roughness, slag or unevenness that I could see on the inside - almost looks like a casting. I would expect exhaust gasses to split very evenly into both exit pipes.

A very well-constructed piece indeed with rugged dual bolt band clamps......and the price and service was excellent. Free shipping and no tax...….be sure to ask for Forum discount if you order from CVF (no affiliation).

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I received my CVF Y - pipe today. Probably won't get installed for another couple of weeks when I take the car out of winter storage though. Got to say that it is a very impressive piece in terms of fabrication. The wye created where the extra pipe is attached to the straighter piece is particularly impressive. Both pieces are perfectly cut and mated so that each half of the wye is virtually identical to the other. Very balanced. This is not a case of simply tacking one pipe onto the side of another. The welds are flawless. There is no roughness, slag or unevenness that I could see on the inside - almost looks like a casting. I would expect exhaust gasses to split very evenly into both exit pipes.

A very well-constructed piece indeed with rugged dual bolt band clamps......and the price and service was excellent. Free shipping and no tax...….be sure to ask for Forum discount if you order from CVF (no affiliation).
I have fitted mine and yes the flow is even. Sounds great as well. (Stock mufflers. I probably will put on some new mufflers later. The only issue I found was the clamps And gas tightness. Because there is a step down in size where the 2 pipes join I had a slight gas leak. I am going to remove and use some paste. I agree though the quality is exceptional.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I will be sure to check for gas tightness and use some paste when I install, although I have not heard of any one else having the same problem. I am anxious to hear how it sounds. I will be using my stock mufflers, but last year I cut off the stock exhaust tips flush to the back of the muffler and had some 4 inch diameter SS tips welded on. Although this did not really make the car louder, the tone is deeper. My wife noticed that immediately. My car is a convertible and the goal is to end up with a pretty quiet exhaust without drone while cruising, louder and deeper with a bit more "attitude" in tone when I load it, and a bit better flow. We'll see! :)

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will be sure to check for gas tightness and use some paste when I install, although I have not heard of any one else having the same problem. I am anxious to hear how it sounds. I will be using my stock mufflers, but last year I cut off the stock exhaust tips flush to the back of the muffler and had some 4 inch diameter SS tips welded on. Although this did not really make the car louder, the tone is deeper. My wife noticed that immediately. My car is a convertible and the goal is to end up with a pretty quiet exhaust without drone while cruising, louder and deeper with a bit more "attitude" in tone when I load it, and a bit better flow. We'll see! :)
I can make a recording of mine and send it to you.

·
Registered
50 Posts
That would be terrific! As mentioned above, the larger diameter tips I put on my stock mufflers did deepen the tone somewhat, so it would be interesting to compare to see if there is any difference after I install my y pipe. Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts