Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I’ve been running the Corsa catted downpipe for over a year now and decided to give the cv fab catless downpipe a shot after hearing how much better the catless downpipe sounds. I recently installed a cv fabrications downpipe and I was impressed at the quality but more importantly the price :D. The welds and finish are definitely higher quality than the Corsa and they offer a lifetime guarantee.

The downpipe came in quickly, my only complaint is that UPS bent one of the clamps which I was able to fix but aside from that all is good. The install took less than 3 hours on ramps in between beer/pizza breaks and if I had to do it again it'd definitely take less time. Overall my experience with cvf was good. They responded to my e-mails within a couple hours over the weekend and were incredibly helpful. I ordered on Tuesday afternoon and UPS dropped the downpipe off at my door on Wednesday morning.

I can honestly say the car sounds 100% better with the catless setup. I haven't dyno'd the car yet but I can definitely feel a difference in power with this downpipe over the corsa. I'm pretty sure my GF had the same impression judging by her face during my first WOT pull lol. Overall I'd recommend the cv fab downpipe. It’s less expensive than most of the other options, made from the same material and has a lifetime guarantee.

Cvf catless downpipe

·
Registered
198 Posts
What a great find! I've been searcher for a less expensive route for the restrictive factor down pipe. Thanks for post.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I’ve been running the Corsa catted downpipe for over a year now and decided to give the cv fab catless downpipe a shot after hearing how much better the catless downpipe sounds. I recently installed a cv fabrications downpipe and I was impressed at the quality but more importantly the price :D. The welds and finish are definitely higher quality than the Corsa and they offer a lifetime guarantee.

The downpipe came in quickly, my only complaint is that UPS bent one of the clamps which I was able to fix but aside from that all is good. The install took less than 3 hours on ramps in between beer/pizza breaks and if I had to do it again it'd definitely take less time. Overall my experience with cvf was good. They responded to my e-mails within a couple hours over the weekend and were incredibly helpful. I ordered on Tuesday afternoon and UPS dropped the downpipe off at my door on Wednesday morning.

I can honestly say the car sounds 100% better with the catless setup. I haven't dyno'd the car yet but I can definitely feel a difference in power with this downpipe over the corsa. I'm pretty sure my GF had the same impression judging by her face during my first WOT pull lol. Overall I'd recommend the cv fab downpipe. It’s less expensive than most of the other options, made from the same material and has a lifetime guarantee.

Cvf catless downpipe
Is your car lowered at all ? And if so do you scrap your downpipe on speed bumps or anything?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine's not lowered. plenty of clearance and no scraping at all so far. so far so good.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
I wish we could install a catless downpipe on our cars in Australia!
Unfortunately, it is illegal to remove the stock cat and replace it with a high flow aftermarket one due to our emission laws.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Unfortunately, it is illegal to remove the stock cat and replace it with a high flow aftermarket one due to our emission laws.
It's only illegal if the government knows about it....

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
It's only illegal if the government knows about it....
That's true.
However, the problem arises when you come to sell the car, especially privately (i.e. not traded in).
In Australia, we have to get a "RWC" (Roadworthy Certificate), before it can be transferred to the new owner.
You have to take the car to a licenced tester (most licenced mechanics and workshops), who put the car on a hoist and do an inspection for safety as well as illegal mods.
If found they would have to be removed before a certificate of Roadworthiness can be issued.

Then there can be random roadside stops, where specially trained police in overalls can look over your car and issue you with a defect notice if they find anything illegal or unsafe, etc.

Having said all of the above, most car enthusiasts who mod their cars for performance will take the risk and change the cat for a high flow one, usually what we call a 100 or 200 cell cat.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I know this is an old post, but I came across it while researching catless downpipes.
Are exhaust cut-outs popular in Australia?

My last engine build was an inline 6 cly. and I used after market parts and information from Australia. You guys seem to be light years ahead of us, when it comes to non V8 engineered motors.
Back to exhaust cut-outs... Back in the day, we used exhaust cut-outs to get around "the law". When stopped by the police (mostly for noise), they would check our cars for tail pipes and never crawl under the car.
Just wondering how car guys do things else where in the world!??

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
1,010 Posts
It's only a crime if you get caught.

I have the sequential indicator lights illegal here but so far no issues with the old bill coming on 4 years now.

Reactions: Coyote Chaser

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
1,010 Posts
I know this is an old post, but I came across it while researching catless downpipes.
Are exhaust cut-outs popular in Australia? View attachment 38842
My last engine build was an inline 6 cly. and I used after market parts and information from Australia. You guys seem to be light years ahead of us, when it comes to non V8 engineered motors.
Back to exhaust cut-outs... Back in the day, we used exhaust cut-outs to get around "the law". When stopped by the police (mostly for noise), they would check our cars for tail pipes and never crawl under the car.
Just wondering how car guys do things else where in the world!??
Australia light years ahead??? Only thing we are light years ahead of anyone else is drinking and fishing buddy.

Reactions: Coyote Chaser

·
Registered
302 Posts
Found this old forum. I am buying the 3 inch catless downpipe and was wondering whether i need the 3 inch or 2.25 inch adapter? I haven’t messed with anything besides a cold air intake yet so everything downpipe wise is stock.
You're looking for the standard 3" to 2.25" adapter in your case! The 3" to 3" is if you'd like a custom 3" connection paired with a 3" exhaust in which a shop would cut the reducer portion off/weld.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts