Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed the CVF Street Intercooler on Saturday. My stang is a 2019. I was very happy with the fit/finish/quality of the intercooler. Relatively easy install if you take your time. I did have to loosen the rad supports and lift the rad assembly a inch or so to get clearance for the install. Other than that, it just slipped in. I also had to drill out the hole in the mass sensor as the hole for the bolt on the intercooler is not positioned correctly. Here are some observations:

1. I was concerned about breaking the clips on the bumper cover, but this appears to be a non issue on the 2019 cars. Instead of clips, there is a simple plastic block with two 10mm nuts that hold the edges of the bumper cover in place. Took me a while to figure out that there was no 7 mm bolt like the Youtube videos show.

2. Most tedious part of the install was removing and reinstalling the splash pan. There are literally over a dozen screws and plastic pins. Getting it realigned and back on was a bit of a chore for me with the car on jack stands.

3. Removal and reinstall of the active grills was quite easy, the only difficult part is reconnecting the plug.

4. If I had reused the factory piping, the whole install would have taken me about 5 hours. However, I also purchased the CVF Aluminum Intercooler Charge Pipe Kit which added hours more to the install. More on that in my review of that kit.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Installed the CVF Street Intercooler on Saturday. My stang is a 2019. I was very happy with the fit/finish/quality of the intercooler. Relatively easy install if you take your time. I did have to loosen the rad supports and lift the rad assembly a inch or so to get clearance for the install. Other than that, it just slipped in. I also had to drill out the hole in the mass sensor as the hole for the bolt on the intercooler is not positioned correctly. Here are some observations:

1. I was concerned about breaking the clips on the bumper cover, but this appears to be a non issue on the 2019 cars. Instead of clips, there is a simple plastic block with two 10mm nuts that hold the edges of the bumper cover in place. Took me a while to figure out that there was no 7 mm bolt like the Youtube videos show.

2. Most tedious part of the install was removing and reinstalling the splash pan. There are literally over a dozen screws and plastic pins. Getting it realigned and back on was a bit of a chore for me with the car on jack stands.

3. Removal and reinstall of the active grills was quite easy, the only difficult part is reconnecting the plug.

4. If I had reused the factory piping, the whole install would have taken me about 5 hours. However, I also purchased the CVF Aluminum Intercooler Charge Pipe Kit which added hours more to the install. More on that in my review of that kit.
How did you remove the metal sleeve in the MAP sensor before drilling it out? How far off did you find the offset? I am having the same issue with my CVF intercooler installation, and I estimated that the hole is about 1/8" off. I replaced the stock intercooler and will try again next week.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I drilled out the metal sleeve and that gave me enough room to thread in the retaining bolt.
Yeah, that's what I plan to do during round 2 this weekend. This time, I'm removing the front tires so I can pull out the inner fender splash shield more to allow easier access to the 10mm bolts holder the bumper in place.

·
Registered
2 Posts
How did you remove the metal sleeve in the MAP sensor before drilling it out? How far off did you find the offset? I am having the same issue with my CVF intercooler installation, and I estimated that the hole is about 1/8" off. I replaced the stock intercooler and will try again next week.
The best way to get the sleeve out is get a slightly larger drill bit then the map sensor bolt hole and drill in it lightly. Doing that pushed the sleeve out. The sleeve came out really clean doing it that way.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The best way to get the sleeve out is get a slightly larger drill bit then the map sensor bolt hole and drill in it lightly. Doing that pushed the sleeve out. The sleeve came out really clean doing it that way.
That's what I ended up doing today. However, I found that the bolt provided to attach the sensor to the intercooler wasn't long enough (approx 16mm), so I bought a 6mm x 20mm length bolt at Lowe's, which did the trick.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
That's what I ended up doing today. However, I found that the bolt provided to attach the sensor to the intercooler wasn't long enough (approx 16mm), so I bought a 6mm x 20mm length bolt at Lowe's, which did the trick.
Just curious if anyone has addressed this with CVF or with @cvf-jason ? I don't have the CVF intercooler, but it seems that needs to be addressed if they want to continue selling to the EB community.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Just curious if anyone has addressed this with CVF or with @cvf-jason ? I don't have the CVF intercooler, but it seems that needs to be addressed if they want to continue selling to the EB community.
Dropped you a PM to sort this out, Karl - there isn't a bolt included in the accessory kit for the sensor (just for the brackets), so let's chat!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts