Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I finally decided to pull the trigger on a catless donwpipe & after many searches I settled on a catless downpipe from CVFAB. The installation was not hard at all, with a friend took about 2 hours with jack stands. The downpipe is good quality and worth every penny. Best part is that it has a non fouler and no CEL has appeared on my car. As soon as I started up my car I could tell the difference with a louder idle and on the rev it poped several times which put a big smile on my face. I can also hear the turbo whistle a whole lot more which is an awesome head turner for everyone who hears it. I currently don't have a tune but plan on getting one soon to bring out the best in my car.

Edit: Exhaust setup is CVFAB catless downpipe + Muffler delete with 4in tips

Here's an unboxing and Install video:

Auto part Automotive exhaust Exhaust system Exhaust manifold Pipe
Auto part Exhaust system Automotive exhaust Muffler Exhaust manifold

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
That sounds quite good to my ears.
What mufflers though?

·
Registered
2,629 Posts

·
Administrator
3,792 Posts
How does California feel about that catless downpipe?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Sounds good! I hope you dont have to swap it back out for the stock catted pipe for yearly inspections?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Happy New Year. In California, having a loud exhaust is now a fine (not just a fixit ticket anymore). Therefor, cops are more like to pull you over since having a cat less DP will surely make your exhaust louder.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
The state law says anything over 90 DB can be ticketed. But it's up to the local police to decide whether they want to hassle you for it or not. Every city is different. Where I'm at, the police don't even look at you for a loud exhaust. There's tons of vehicles in town that are straight piped, and frankly the GT's and GT350's running around here are probably much louder than 90 DB, and they're stock.

·
Administrator
6,644 Posts
Happy New Year. In California, having a loud exhaust is now a fine (not just a fixit ticket anymore). Therefor, cops are more like to pull you over since having a cat less DP will surely make your exhaust louder.
Once they get you pulled over for the noise, they will look for a cat. No emissions, CA will go nutz!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I finally decided to pull the trigger on a catless donwpipe & after many searches I settled on a catless downpipe from CVFAB. The installation was not hard at all, with a friend took about 2 hours with jack stands. The downpipe is good quality and worth every penny. Best part is that it has a non fouler and no CEL has appeared on my car. As soon as I started up my car I could tell the difference with a louder idle and on the rev it poped several times which put a big smile on my face. I can also hear the turbo whistle a whole lot more which is an awesome head turner for everyone who hears it. I currently don't have a tune but plan on getting one soon to bring out the best in my car.

Edit: Exhaust setup is CVFAB catless downpipe + Muffler delete with 4in tips

Here's an unboxing and Install video:

View attachment 25663 View attachment 25665
what adapter did you use? looking to get one for my 2016 mustang ecoboost and don’t know whether i should use the 3 inch or 2.25 inch adapter

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.