Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
That's not really "a bit", as most of those cheapo ebay cameras go for about $50 bucks or so. This is $300.
Yes, it is--wry humor is hard to convey with text. :sneaky:

I need the higher quality images to accurately evaluate exhaust valves. Aviation engines are air-cooled, and the exhaust valves take a beating. A failed exhaust valve is a lot more exciting when it happens on a single-engine aircraft than a car. I don't like excitement when I'm flying, so I check the exhaust valves carefully every year, or any time I suspect something might be amiss.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Yes, it is--wry humor is hard to convey with text. :sneaky:

I need the higher quality images to accurately evaluate exhaust valves. Aviation engines are air-cooled, and the exhaust valves take a beating. A failed exhaust valve is a lot more exciting when it happens on a single-engine aircraft than a car. I don't like excitement when I'm flying, so I check the exhaust valves carefully every year, or any time I suspect something might be amiss.
What model is your airplane? I'm a commercial pilot, with about 9,500 hours. I've got about 2,000 hours in single-engine GA planes and several thousand hours in C-130 s, with the Air Force.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
It's cylinder 3. Yeah, I did take off intake manifold too. Wanted to check my valves for carbon deposits. The valves look fine to me for now. I didn't recognize anything unusual.
View attachment 40964
Would you mind linking me to your borescope camera or something similar?? If the price is reasonable, the image quality is excellent!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Would you mind linking me to your borescope camera or something similar?? If the price is reasonable, the image quality is excellent!
Mine is sold out. Have 2 options for you:
- pretty much what I had but they added cable distance for some reason... I have 16.5 feet and I don't need that much. Also I got mine with a good deal for $42

- only for android phone.

You can try finding a good deal elsewhere. All you really need is enough megapixels - something to give you quality up close, I guess. But I'm not a professional camera man. Just my thoughts about it.

Planning to change my head gasket for $1400. Dealership said extended warranty company may pay for repairs or may not, 50/50 percent chance. Don't know what's the point of getting extended warranty now.))) Do you guys think extended warranty is waste of money?

·
Registered
995 Posts
Planning to change my head gasket for $1400. Dealership said extended warranty company may pay for repairs or may not, 50/50 percent chance. Don't know what's the point of getting extended warranty now.))) Do you guys think extended warranty is waste of money?
$1400 for a head gasket?!
I've been thinking about changing my head gasket and head studs as a precaution... I need to do some research and maybe rethink my plan...

21 - 25 of 25 Posts