Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
with the hpp handling package, you have the magneride suspension, theyre awesome, and i wouldnt change. just run it in track mode. you may want to do some homework on the ford performance magneride bundle that includes a new calibration for magneride. the kit comes with sway bars, springs, and a software update. not sure how the sway bars and spring rates compare to the stock hpp handling package. no experience with autocross, but for fun in the mountains i really enjoyed moving from 19x9 to 19x10s, and upgrading the front brakes to the brembos from the GT.

·
Registered
2020 Ford Mustang 6MT HPP/HP
102 Posts
For D street we cannot make any of those changes. According to the Ford ordering information the 2021 HPP/HP Mustangs now come with the Brembo 6 piston calipers and 15 inch rotors. Looks like I was a little early. Much better for track work, autocross not so much.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Ice storm in progress and car in route from Kansas City to Little Rock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
1st autox today. Top pax on the wet. Lost D street to a national trophy winner on the last run.

Running 295/18/40 square with 2.2 camber in the front.

Never got traction control off. Car felt balanced until I would slip the car online the throttle would cut.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·

We have about 50 runs on the car at this point and it easily paxes top 10 at local events.

Running 660 Falkens. Had some separation issues with the tread.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I am running my 2020 HPP in D street. I have a tire question, running the 275/35/19 BFGs on the 9.5 inch rims. I have 65 runs, 35 on asphalt and 30 on grippy WWII airfield concrete, in that order. I am seeing the center rib chamfer and ask is this the result of high/low tire pressure or just tire geometry. The drop is about 1.5 32nds of an inch. Overall tire ware is good considering the weight of the car and 65 runs. I have been rotating the tires from front to back and have mostly even wear. This is really only a problem when I have to flip the tires and the tire shop gets concerned about the wear down to 2/32 and then will not flip them, even when there is plenty of tread both sides of the center rib. Tire pressures are 32/31 front/rear and tire temperatures (F) taken on asphalt are even across the rear and hot on the outside edges in front. Any experienced opinions?
Outside LcenterInsideinsidecenterOutside RightPSI
Front
133​
131​
130​
143​
142​
151​
33​
Rear
131​
135​
136​
141​
141​
141​
31​

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Interesting to see the center go 1st and not the outside edge.

Not a great data point but I’m running 41 front 38rear on the faulkens 660’s. I’m about 50 runs in and the tires look really good. Have not flipped them yet.

So on your car. Let’s start with what is the alignment?

·
Registered
102 Posts
-1.6 front, -1.3/1.4 rear, slightly toe in for both. The problem is mostly from the fronts. I started out at 39 front and 36 rear, same as BFGs on my '97 M3, but the car was very squirrely. When the psi got down to 33/31 my times had improved a lot. The CamC guys said they were running 32/30. I settled on 32/31 based on CamC, temperature as measured with a probe and edge roll over. I had this problem on my M3 on both 71Rs and BFGs in the front so it may be my driving style. My rears on the M3 always wore very evenly and lasted longer.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts