Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my ride to service (first visit!) to have a few issues addressed and all I got was a new fuel pressure sensor, oil press sensor and a damaged 19" silver PP rim. Moron tech scuffed it on a curb. The "repair" is laughable. Looks like it was refinished in a sand storm. I gave them a chance but will insist on a NEW rim. Problem is I was looking to buy a spare last summer and there are none to be found. Yay.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Took mine in for it's 30,000Km scheduled service a few weeks ago, and the Ford dealer refilled it with 15W - 40 instead of the factory specified 5W - 30 oil.
Not happy about that, especially since we are in winter down here in Australia. Not the best for cold starts!
If Ford dealers can't get it right, who can you trust these days. :mad:

·
Registered
350 Posts
Took mine in for it's 30,000Km scheduled service a few weeks ago, and the Ford dealer refilled it with 15W - 40 instead of the factory specified 5W - 30 oil.
Not happy about that, especially since we are in winter down here in Australia. Not the best for cold starts!
If Ford dealers can't get it right, who can you trust these days. :mad:
Almost ANYONE else. For stuff I can't do, I take mine to a shop nearby. It's called "Tire Choice". They're a chain, I think. They're all car guys who can also read. They do the brake work an' other stuff for the Florida Highway Patrol cars in the area. The manager has a 2019 Coupe with a Coyote hiding under the hood. They've yet to steer me wrong including NOT trying to up-sell me every time I visit.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
It is always my goal to never use a dealership service department. In my 45 years of buying new cars i have been quite successful and you can count the times on my fingers that i have. It was all for warranty work which i had already diagnosed and was very specific as to what they were to do.

Dave

·
Registered
640 Posts
My car has only been to the dealer twice, the second time to replace the part I told them had failed the first time (the left rear shock, leaking to point of leaving a puddle). Apparently Ford can’t do same day delivery on parts, hence the return trip. I have done all the oil changes with a ford filter and @Go Further, the correct weight. Thankfully, I have had only the one issue in nearly two years of daily driving.

Our Rogue has been a dealer baby for maintenance. But recently I’ve noticed a steep decline in the service level. In the past they always rotated the tires and checked the brakes. The last couple of times they did neither even though the very last time I specifically instructed them to rotate the tires. I knew the brakes were just about done, and when some lady called a week later asking about my experience, I told her flat out that they probably missed out on doing a complete brake job. My local guy did the brakes recently for about what the dealer quoted for parts alone. It is now out of power train warranty and the only thing it will go to the dealer for is a fluid change on the CVT. I looked up the procedure and it appears to be somewhat complicated, so I’m not sure I’m going to let the corner shop do that.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
The only reasons I take my car to a Ford dealer, is for the scheduled services, to get the service book stamped for resale value.
Also, when I bought the car (new), it included the first 3 scheduled services (15K, 30K & 45K) free as part of the deal... A saving of approximately AUD$1,200.

Normally I do my own car servicing, and do the in-between oil changes (every 7,000 Kms).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts