Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So everyone seems to think that the shaking in the rear is from the rotors not being changed along with the brakes after 7 years. The Mustang most recently got a brand new clutch and assembly along with flywheel but that working well. The shaking started after the brakes were change all around and the rear rotors have more scoring then the front rotors. Has anyone experienced this issue with rotors in the rear causing a shimmy at high speeds?

·
Registered
2016 ecoboost premium
123 Posts
i got a set of bad pads from the parts store. The passenger rear pads wore thru in a month and chunked off ruining the new rotor. might be worth taking it apart and checking if there are any obvious issues, could have picked up a rock in the rotor as well.

Another thing it could be is seized rear caliper pushing the breaks on slightly causing the rotor to warp and cause additional wear.

either way i would take it apart and make sure everything is functioning fine. or taking it to a shop it look it over

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i got a set of bad pads from the parts store. The passenger rear pads wore thru in a month and chunked off ruining the new rotor. might be worth taking it apart and checking if there are any obvious issues, could have picked up a rock in the rotor as well.

Another thing it could be is seized rear caliper pushing the breaks on slightly causing the rotor to warp and cause additional wear.

either way i would take it apart and make sure everything is functioning fine. or taking it to a shop it look it over
Thank you for the tip I don't muscle the car but I occasionally enjoy some late night or early morning interstate driving.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I would suggest pulling the rotors and bringing them in to a shop to be turned. They will be able to determine if they are warped and if they can be cut and still be in spec. I never replace just pads, but either have the rotors turned or replace as needed (in pairs).

Reactions: zhent
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.