Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,962 Posts
Both PD and Tune+ are offering these on a limited basis for all of the ecoboost platforms they work with. I've heard similar tunes on Focus STs from other tuners, and they're popular with certain crowds. From my understanding there are no performance benefits only additional sounds on deceleration.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Both PD and Tune+ are offering these on a limited basis for all of the ecoboost platforms they work with. I've heard similar tunes on Focus STs from other tuners, and they're popular with certain crowds. From my understanding there are no performance benefits only additional sounds on deceleration.
Yep, the Honda kids from the 90’s have grown up and embraced the new mustang! Lol! and that’s a good thing, sparks new ideas and technologies.

·
Registered
2016 EcoBoost Base Auto
47 Posts
Yeah, I remember more than one of the Fiesta ST tuners offering "crackles and pops" as part of their customized tunes. Also, be careful. These fun noises might come at the cost of your oem cat getting cooked!

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got my 86 SVO to sound like that by accident, I was tuning it and forgot to dial back enrichment on the deceleration table. It was kinda cool until it caused the downpipe to crack, from in-burnt fuel igniting in the exhaust.

·
Registered
49 Posts
So does this "tune" create "mini backfires" with unburnt fuel to achieve the effect?

Whatever the technique, it seems ironic that with so much emphasis and effort (and $$ spent) on creating tunes focused on optimizing power and efficiency, now there is an "imperfect" tune one can buy to create that sound.

Different strokes and all that....... :)

·
Registered
2016 EcoBoost Base Auto
47 Posts
Catless DP would be the way. Personally, I'd rather carry on with my rez swap & muffler delete sound. The uninitiated would be hard pressed to tell it's a 4-banger with the somewhat deep tone at idle and slow roll from a stop;)

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So does this "tune" create "mini backfires" with unburnt fuel to achieve the effect?

Whatever the technique, it seems ironic that with so much emphasis and effort (and $$ spent) on creating tunes focused on optimizing power and efficiency, now there is an "imperfect" tune one can buy to create that sound.

Different strokes and all that....... :)
No idea, I did it when I was learning to tune, one of several mistakes on the learning curve, lol!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts