Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Ecoboost for an Air boat
6 Posts
just joined. i have a 2016 mustang ecoboost swapped 1992 fox body dirt track oval race car. the donor car had 20k on it. i have 6 wins to date using the stock tune. i used the ford performance controls pack kit, quick time bellhousing and T5 transmission. i fabricated solid motor mounts and used the ford performance coyote swap power steering bracket modified to fit the AC bracket mount holes on the ecoboost block to use a hydraulic power steering pump.

i'm using all the OEM plumbing except i have an aftermarket 3" catless downpipe into a 4" core diesel muffler. i also had to replace the OEM airbox for clearance and added a 4" cone style air filter. the OEM intercooler wouldn't fit so i'm using a treadstone tr8c intercooler. i'm running sabre chem 100 octane unleaded racing fuel and a pedal commander to help with throttle delay.

i've been racing a long time but the ecoboost engine is new to me. i'm still learning it's characteristics and adjusting the car to handle the additional weight vs. a 2.3 SOHC. yes, an aluminum/plastic ecoboost engine is 100lbs. heavier than an all cast iron old school 2.3 SOHC even with the balancer assembly removed. i liked the engine so much that i bought a velocity blue 2019 mustang ecoboost as a daily driver.

i'm still working on keeping it from getting too hot when the track is heavy. as far as i know, this is the first ever mini stock to be ecoboost powered.
View attachment 31159 View attachment 31161
Could you please post photos of the motor mounts?

·
Registered
Ecoboost for an Air boat
6 Posts
Here are a few connections that need to be solved. 1______; 2______

#6 Is the Fuel input, #7 Where to?

#12 Looks like fit with number 7 ?

Electrical question: Harness terminal L Temperature / Absolute Pressure Sensor. Where should be ?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
#1 is a vacuum/boost reference. i used it for a mechanical boost gauge and "teed" it to the fuel pressure regulator to adjust fuel pressure under boost.
#2 is used to provide vacuum to the brakes along with a check valve and the vacuum pump on the back of the intake cam. i have manual brakes so i plugged it and replaced the vacuum pump with a mountune blockoff.
#7 i plugged. it's part of the PCV system. my application is race only. i do not have a conventional PCV system. i am using an exhaust powered PCV system run from the side cover under the intake through a catch can and then to the exhaust. i'm using the exhaust system to pull vacuum on a totally sealed crankcase. i do not have a PCV valve. it's gutted out. all crankcase vapors exit through the exhaust system. i do not see #12 in your pics.
TCBP fits into the OEM intercooler on the driver side outlet. i used an aftermarket intercooler so i plumbed it into the outlet tubing. i welded an aluminum bung to the tubing that fit the o-ring and used a zip tie to secure it.

most of your questions should be answered in the controls pack instructions. read it through a few times and it will become clearer.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
that "U" shaped hose goes on #11. it's the recirculating valve. it looks like you have the turbo tubes clocked wrong. the "U" shaped hose should line up with #11 hose barb. i plugged #12. you are correct. it goes to the rear passenger side of the valve cover to pull air into the crankcase. for an air boat application, you're probably going to want to plumb yours similar to the way i did and get rid of the troublesome OEM PCV system.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
#7 i plugged. it's part of the PCV system. my application is race only. i do not have a conventional PCV system. i am using an exhaust powered PCV system run from the side cover under the intake through a catch can and then to the exhaust. i'm using the exhaust system to pull vacuum on a totally sealed crankcase. i do not have a PCV valve. it's gutted out. all crankcase vapors exit through the exhaust system.
google "exhaust crankcase evac system".

21 - 28 of 28 Posts