Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hoping to get back into a Mustang after driving pickup trucks for several years.
Test drove a 19 convertible with 4,000 miles on the clock.
It had a slight vibration on acceleration and seemed very loud, rough at idle.
Maybe something wrong with the one I drove?
Wasn't planning on getting a V8, but now I think I'll check them out.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I was hoping to get back into a Mustang after driving pickup trucks for several years.
Test drove a 19 convertible with 4,000 miles on the clock.
It had a slight vibration on acceleration and seemed very loud, rough at idle.
Maybe something wrong with the one I drove?
Wasn't planning on getting a V8, but now I think I'll check them out.
Sounds like it may have had a couple mods done to it, like exhaust then put back to mostly stock at trade in, test drive another one, my 19 is smooth as butter. I had a 17 GT and much prefer my 19 eco.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was used, but only had a little over 4k on the odometer. I'm going to test drive another Ecoboost, and maybe a GT, just for comparison.
I've been wanting a convertible for a while, so I hope I can find a one I like.
I prefer the Ecoboost, for the better MPG's.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Definitely try another one. My 18 ecoboost was practically soundless when it came to noise in the cabin when I first got it.

AND IT CAME WITH 40K ON THE CLOCK... that one is probably a dud or has been modded.

·
Registered
168 Posts
“I prefer the Ecoboost, for the better MPG's.”

bwahahaha. Think again. If you get into boost, you get no better mileage than a GT.

·
Registered
28 Posts
My ‘19 vert is sweet. Bought it used about three weeks ago. Had 18k on the clock. Problem free as of today.

·
Registered
46 Posts
My 2018 EcoBoost coupe gets 30+ on the highway. The attached photo is after a 260 mile drive from St. Louis, MO to Cedar Rapids, IA. last Summer.

Made another St. Louis trip last weekend to see our granddaughters that was over 32 mpg with snow tires on.

20190419_Mustang_MPG2.jpg

·
Super Moderator
6,036 Posts
“I prefer the Ecoboost, for the better MPG's.”

bwahahaha. Think again. If you get into boost, you get no better mileage than a GT.
No SH*T! put 2 of 'em on a 3.5L in a Flex and see what kind of MPG you DON'T get!! bwahahaha!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
My 2018 EcoBoost coupe gets 30+ on the highway. The attached photo is after a 260 mile drive from St. Louis, MO to Cedar Rapids, IA. last Summer.

Made another St. Louis trip last weekend to see our granddaughters that was over 32 mpg with snow tires on.

View attachment 35635
Everytime I see the digital dash, I get super jealous and start looking again about swapping mine out for one haha

1 - 10 of 10 Posts