Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is this discoloring on the trim? It’s goes all the way around the car and I don’t know what caused it. Almost looks sun bleached but I’m not sure. Anyone have a product or some kind of fix?

Attachments

·
Read Only
0 Posts
The actual trim I don't think "discolors" per say, not like that. it would fully discolor not spots. The molding is actually the same color all the way through. I wonder if something got on it? Dont use anything like googone (can discolor plastics) or wax on it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The actual trim I don't think "discolors" per say, not like that. it would fully discolor not spots. The molding is actually the same color all the way through. I wonder if something got on it? Dont use anything like googone (can discolor plastics) or wax on it.
Yea turns out it was wax, I Didn’t know it had that effect on trim. I was advised to use a white eraser and scrub it out, it turned out perfect. Thanks.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
fyi. the trim is expensive as balls. someone got clear coat overspray on mine, and I thought was an issue like you, that's why I was informed how I was. we just used this trim dye on it, and it covered it up. had little splotches like wax, but permanent, I didn't want to sand it, and mess the texture up.

I don't know the trim color but its been a year and hasn't faded back, bought at auto zone for like 5 bucks lol. but even then, whatever. it was not bad.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Yea turns out it was wax, I Didn’t know it had that effect on trim. I was advised to use a white eraser and scrub it out, it turned out perfect. Thanks.
When you say "white eraser" are you talking about a white pencil eraser? I presume so, but then thought maybe you might be talking about those Mr. Clean Magic Erasers.

·
Registered
2017 Mustang EcoBoost
27 Posts
White pencil erasers, I have the same problem, when I bought my car they waxed it all over very badly and I have discolored trim and swirls. The pink erasers work as well!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts