Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Making a few changes for the 2022 season...
Hood Car Tread Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

Relocating battery to trunk.
Grille Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Headlamp

Upgrading intercooler.

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
Removed intake manifold in preparation for installation of auxiliary fuel rail and E85 kit designed and assembled by EMS (engineering motorsports solutions).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
Heck yeah!! Are you running a Split Second controller?
A split controller and ethnol % gauge will come with the kit And then after I get everything installed and wired, I'll do a remote tune for E85.
PS: Also planning on transmission tune

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
How much of a drop did you get on those SP086s? Are they too soft to drive on normally (like a daily driver)?
1 1/4" in the front and a 1/2" in the rear. With the springs and drag tires, it feels a bit squirrely at highway speeds.

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Rim Automotive exterior

Installed matching rear drag springs
Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive tire Light Automotive design

And plugged factory bypass valve in preparation for "cold side" BOV.

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Hand Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bumper Office equipment

Installed the E85 auxiliary fuel block, fuel bar and low pressure fuel injectors from EMS!

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Gas

Electrical parts for E85 kit have arrived! Not as complicated as I thought, Jessie at EMS sent me easy to follow instructions, plus, if I have any problems he's easy to reach!

Reactions: Cyclone390GT

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 · (Edited)
Motor vehicle Car Vehicle Automotive air manifold Auto part

Finished both electrical and plumbing of E85 system, hope to have it tuned within a few weeks!
(LOL! Who am I kidding, 9 months later, still not turned)

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Downloaded fuel map, etc. to split second controller and tested E85 system.
Removed racing swag from car and took it for a ride to collect base 93 octane logs for E85 tune.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Wheel Tire Sky Car Vehicle

(2) months later, still not on E85, still not professionally tuned... Enough is enough guys, I'm going racing!! Cars on the trailer and I'm headed to Bradenton Florida for NMRA Spring Break Shootout!

Reactions: AnOunceOfPerception

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
All I really accomplished, during the off season, was changing my Intercooler, charge pipes and rear springs. Right now, I'm using Cobb's 93 octane stage 3 OTS tune with a tank of mixed fuel (75% 93 octane and 25% E85) similar to what I ran last year. Hopefully, I can get to the track early enough to test and set a baseline with last years setup, and then make another run using a map from my Tuner.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
All I really accomplished, during the off season, was changing my Intercooler, charge pipes and rear springs. Right now, I'm using Cobb's 93 octane stage 3 OTS tune with a tank of mixed fuel (75% 93 octane and 25% E85) similar to what I ran last year. Hopefully, I can get to the track early enough to test and set a baseline with last years setup, and then make another run using a map from my Tuner.
Is running e85 without a tune like that safe? What are the benefits?

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Is running e85 without a tune like that safe? What are the benefits?
Not safe at all... But, it puts me into the mid 12s. On straight 93 octane, my personal best is 13.01 and on a mix of 91 pump gas and E85, also from the pump, my personal best is 12.61 (and that was with an undersized aftermarket Intercooler). This time, I'll be mixing X85 from VP racing fuel and 93 octane pump gas. This event will be about collecting data and championship points (plus bringing it all home in one piece!).

Reactions: 2020ecobase

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 · (Edited)
Car Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle Automotive design

Had a blast at the track! Even though I officially broke (tore the exhaust off... again). I was able to make a total of 8 runs, while dailing in the tuning, with the help of Jessie @ EMS and Ryan @ PD! And I still collected minium championship points by rolling the beams at eliminations, and qualify for end of season bonus points.
Back at the shop now, doing an oil clean up on the boost system, rebuilding my PCV system with parts from UPR Products. And upgrading my Wastegate and BOV with TurboSmart parts, purchased from EMS. Next step, additional tuning from PD!!

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

New personal best ET 12.445

Reactions: MD18EcoStang
21 - 40 of 53 Posts