Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody ported their own stock 2.3 head ?
I’ve been looking into porting my head along with studs and upgraded cams eventually. Along with turbo upgrade. I feel like if I do a cam upgraded I should upgrade the head to get the max out of it. I’ve looked into sending off the head or pre done heads but the price for those are a little too much for me right now along with time the car will be down. But if the heads off for the studs and gasket why not upgrade the head and cams. I’ve only seen one video of someone doing a cam install with the FP cams. I’m looking at pipper cams right now which I would need new springs. Which I can’t find anybody doing videos online and can’t find anybody in the houston area to touch the eco head so I’m kind of stuck right now. Any suggestions as to if I could do all this myself (porting head/cam(spring)upgrade), could I do it without pulling motor ? Thanks for any thoughts. Once I decide to do something I will update.👍

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
You can certainly do all the mods you mentioned without pulling the motor by just removing the head and cams. Not sure how much porting is going to help since all you can really gain access to is the intake ports, the exhaust side of the head has the exhaust runners integral to the head so there is no real way to improve the flow thru them. You could possibly improve the flow right past the valve seat area of intake and exhaust and then port match the intake and exhaust opening to the intake manifold and the turbo housing.

If you have never done any port work before I would be careful since you go from good to worse very quickly and easily and ruin a good head. That kind of work is best left to the pros.

I have no advice on who to recommend for such mods at this time.

BD

Reactions: Coyote Chaser

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
You may want to also check EMS (engineered motorsport solutions). I think they offer a proformce head and hardware.

Reactions: Buldawg76
1 - 4 of 4 Posts