Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
It all depends if you are looking for sound, performance or both. I would recommend a full catback if you want more performance in addition to sound. If you just want a louder exhaust then an axle back is a good cheaper option. Rousch would certainly be a good choice. I currently have an MBRP race catcack and it's loud enough for me.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I would also be interested in any members who have fitted the Roush Axle-back exhaust, and their personal views.
As I am thinking of installing this one as well.
(Have seen all the videos and sound clips online, but I know it's not the same listening to it live, than from an audio recording with so many acoustic variables).
So many aftermarket exhausts seem to make the Ecoboost Mustang sound more like a ricer or farm tractor than a nice tough performance note, that in some ways maybe the EB should just be left as stock. :)

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
So i just picked up a used set last night for $400 used that only had like 600 miles on them..the guy ending up going different. Exhaust because he put a Whipple supercharger on his car.. install looks super simple just cut off the stock ones and Slide the new roush ones on and clap them down.. I was going to put a set of the Roush on my EcoBoost 2 years ago but at the time it just wasn't in my budget... but I can tell you being at a few Mustang car shows hearing both the EcoBoost and the GT with the Roush mufflers definitely sounded aggressive..other then the roush ..i still like MagnaFlow for the eco boost and there price

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Save your money and do a muffler delete....
Been ther done that ..and having it full open at with muffler delete catted down pipe and rez deleat sounds horrible ..if you just do muffler deleat..its ok at start up and low rpms ..but definitely not all 3 ..i realized this when i had someone else drive my car ..as i listened to it at different rpms..so saving your money...not really..because if you do a muffler delete and decided not to like it ..your back to putting your factory back on..or looking for after market set up..believe i know.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The sound of the exhaust is like women. Some like blondes, some like redheads. I have heard $1000 exhausts that sounded absolutely horrible, to me. Then I have heard $30 exhausts that sounded amazing, again to me. It really depends on what the owner likes. I personally like the muffler delete sound. So do a lot of others. But there are people that can't stand the sound of no mufflers. But before I drop $500+ on an exhaust, I would at least give the muffler delete a try.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I recently got a Mustang ecoboost 2018 and wanted to get an exhaust system for it to make it louder. Do you all recommend this one:

Roush Mustang Axle-Back Exhaust 421837 (15-19 EcoBoost w/o Active Exhaust)

Does it have a lot of drone? If you don't recommend that one, which do you recommend?

I don't want an annoying drone.

Thanks.
I would get rid of the eco boost i had a 2016 one it was nice but i got the 2017 ford mustang gt 5.0 and oh my god not even close also for a eco boost or gt go with roush axle back and roush x pipe best sound you'll love it .

·
Registered
147 Posts
Spend a $125 and get a sawsall and cut your mufflers off if all you want is loud.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts