Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i have a Eco boost on order, supposed to be delivered in 2 months, although i have been waiting over a year now since i did the order.

I'm just curious if there is any hate towards Eco boost owners...
TBO, until i started watching youtube videos about Eco boost, i didn't even know ppl hated on Eco boosts.

·
Registered
2019 EcoBoost performance package
245 Posts
From non-Mustang owners, not really Most don't care and just like the car. The only "haters" tend to be the Honda guys who don't have a car worth caring about.

Most of the V8 owners don't hate on it either, at least those that I know. Last August at Gingerman my friend in his GT350 said that he couldn't believe how well the car ran. He stayed behind me despite the point by on the straight because he wanted to watch my line in the turns because he was having trouble staying with me. Another friend in his GT said that he kept looking in his mirror wondering how I was still on his tail and gave me the point by. On the track, a lot of it comes down to the driver and being able to use what the car has for you.

Those V8 haters for the EcoBoost typically never run it on a track or dragstrip and feel superior that they can get to the next stop light a second quicker. Don't worry about them and their opinion.

·
Registered
324 Posts
No ecoboost hate but a lot of mouths hanging wide open after a wtf moment where all they could see was my taillights. From those encounters I've gotten quite a few nice compliments like from a guy 30 years younger than me in his BMW - "Dude, the F'in car is sick. Wtf do you have in that thing?" To a guy in a 911 who couldn't believe that he couldn't catch me and followed me all the way home just to see for himself.....get a Stage 3 type tune on it and you'll quickly turn doubters into believers. It's a ton of fun for the money and a fine car by any measure. Mainly, as long as you like it is all that matters.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Hi, i have a Eco boost on order, supposed to be delivered in 2 months, although i have been waiting over a year now since i did the order.

TBO, until i started watching youtube videos about Eco boost, i didn't even know ppl hated on Eco boosts.
??? Sorry, but I don't have a clue as to what you're talking about... and there's a good chance the "ppl" on YouTube don't ether.
How can anyone find fault with a car that's fun to drive, a pleasure to own and gets 32 miles per gallon!

·
Administrator
3,795 Posts
The only place I've gotten any "hate" for the ecoboost is Facebook groups and some of those dumb videos on YouTube.

In person actual car people think that they're fine. They may ask why you chose the 4cyl over the V8, but are generally accepting when you tell them why.

Reactions: Coyote Chaser

·
Registered
2016 Premium, M/T
71 Posts
Last August at Gingerman my friend in his GT350 said that he couldn't believe how well the car ran. He stayed behind me despite the point by on the straight because he wanted to watch my line in the turns because he was having trouble staying with me. Another friend in his GT said that he kept looking in his mirror wondering how I was still on his tail and gave me the point by.
That couple hundred pounds off the nose doesn't hurt either. My first day at the track, AMAZING! Can't wait for the September and October TNIA sessions in north Texas.

·
Registered
147 Posts

I never get any hate, only compliments. I do warn you, if you start going towards the modification route, you won't be able to stop. So start saving up some money if that's going to be the case. A few bolt ons and a protune will really wake up the Eco. Have fun, and Efff" whoever's being a hater.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I had an idiot once ask me "where are the other four cylinders" at a local car meet, but since he was an idiot, I didn't pay no mind. Any other comments I've gotten over the years have been more like, "WOW NICE CAR!!". Good luck with your car when it comes...

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
1,236 Posts
Had a fair amount of "I'll see your 4 cylinders and raise you another 4" comments when I first got it as a majority being sold at the time were V8s Australians have a V8 fetish.

However this little engine with it's 4 missing cylinders has outperformed outpaced and embarrassed cars that it shouldnt.

The mouth open in utta surprise is priceless and worth the stick all day long.

Plus I'm pretty sure my tax bill fuel bill and insurance is cheaper. Way to drive the nail home.

About the only thing missing is the sound nothing beats the V8 sound. But it's not worth the extra $15k

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I only ever had one person give me the disappointed it’s not a V8 line. It was our friends’ son, who has a bit of a car fetish. At the time he was driving his parents’ Dodge Caiber, he went on to buy a 350Z for himself, so there you go. Typically I usually get compliments on the colour, since Royal Crimson is pretty rare. I don’t have time for people who slag other people’s cars, you shouldn’t either. Any guy (or girl) who is so fixated on whatever they drive to the point that they slag any other car, isn’t a car guy/girl, but that’s just my opinion.

·
Administrator
6,644 Posts
Strange things:
In the racing community, none whatsoever. No matter what the venue, the car is accepted for what it is.
On the other hand, in the "mustang community" there has always been more "hate" to any car that is not a V8. I had a new edge v6, loved it and had a ball with it. Stopped going to "mustang" meets as I'd always get s**t about missing cylinders. Same goes with the 67 I6 I had and the eco as well. Maybe it's a Dallas thing ...

·
Registered
2015 MUSTANG ECOBOOST
196 Posts
In my area. Haters are everywhere .. where i work i tend to go to a quick check well local high schooler tend to hang out hate on four cylinders even the V8 mustang tend to laugh on them.. i just don't care. The only one guy that was so cool about the four cylinder had a 2021 Shelby. He thought it was amazing a four cylinder on mustang. But you will find haters. Just keep in mind you have haters no matter what car you have

·
Registered
2016 Premium, M/T
71 Posts
[QUOTE="B2B, post: 267865, member: 17746"
Just keep in mind you have haters no matter what car you have
[/QUOTE]
Truth! And you will also find cool car guys that like and appreciate your ride. At the end of the day the only person that really matters is you.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Who cares what anyone thinks? To the IQ Zero guys who talks s__t just ignore them. I had a GT guy ask me why I bought the Eco and not a GT. I told him I really wanted a Z06 Corvette but got a motorhome instead. Sold my truck since I didn't have a travel trailer anymore and bought the Ecoboost. I had it paid off in 2 years modded the hell out of it to run on the track and retired at 60.

·
Administrator
3,795 Posts
I got a little ecoboost love on the way in to work tonight from a GT owner. He had pulled the supercharger off of his car when the gas prices started to rise...

·
Registered
192 Posts
Shortly after we bought our Eco, we went on a cross country tour with some club friends to Myrtle Beach through the 'Tail of the Dragon', and some other back country roads. My GT friends couldn't believe that I could not only stay with them on the interstate straights, but actually pull away from them through the tight twistys. Since then, I have upped the waste gate bleed-off a couple of pounds, put a HUGE intercooler on and done some suspension, tire and brake upgrades. Way-Mo-Better! (-; No way anything but a full race setup GT will stay with this car in the short straights and tight turns now. The big power GT's can out run me easy on a long straight, but they better get it done before the next turn. When they need Gas, I still have between 1/2 or 1/3 tank left. And if I just want to cruise long distance on the interstate, it'll get it done more cheaply with regular gas too. (But it does run MUCH better on premium.) I like being able to make that choice)
Have you chased an Eco Boost lately? 😁

1 - 20 of 57 Posts