Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
1,274 Posts
Had a fair amount of "I'll see your 4 cylinders and raise you another 4" comments when I first got it as a majority being sold at the time were V8s Australians have a V8 fetish.

However this little engine with it's 4 missing cylinders has outperformed outpaced and embarrassed cars that it shouldnt.

The mouth open in utta surprise is priceless and worth the stick all day long.

Plus I'm pretty sure my tax bill fuel bill and insurance is cheaper. Way to drive the nail home.

About the only thing missing is the sound nothing beats the V8 sound. But it's not worth the extra $15k

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
1,274 Posts
Here in Australia, Mustangs are exspensive and there are only 2 choices, I4 or V8. ( there are no 101a packs, preformance packs, handling packs) and you can list the option on one hand.
Mods are very exspensive also, i was thinking maybe a catch can would be good...but they are $550 dollars here...so i doubt i'll doing any mods.

so i'll be too slow to drag anyone who's laughing at me.
Dude where are you shopping? Mine cost me $200 and that's because I bought a branded one you can pick up catch cans for much less.

Some mods are expensive yes but I haven't found it any more or less expensive then modifying the Silvia S14 TBH

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
1,274 Posts

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
1,274 Posts
Parts - Mustang Motorsport

everything in Australia is exspensive...
my ecoboost is aroung $60,000. V8 is $72,000, you guys in America be happy, you dont have our economy !
It's all relative though in fact I can tell you without a doubt it is way way more expensive in the UK having lived there most of my life. There VAT the equivalent of our GST is 100% more at 20% the actual cost of buying a car here in Australia though is more expensive but that was by design to protect Ford and Holden but the cost of running a car is a lot less.

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
1,274 Posts
But at the same time what's the average income cause we can't compare prices of vehicles since we don't know the average income or wages over there.. if we think about our wages to your vehicle prices then yes very expensive
According to the Australian bureau of statistic

The average Australian weekly earnings is $1748.40.

If you earn above $90,000.00 PA you are considered above average income.

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
1,274 Posts
Yeah we sure do on anything over $71,849

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
1,274 Posts
Sorry but your calculation on tax is wrong your over $12k per year out

I think you may have forgot the none taxable threshold.

So after tax it would work out to

$1223.45 take home. Per week

The I4 here is the fully loaded PP how much is that in the states?

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
1,274 Posts
1748.4 x 52 = 90,916.8

90,916.8 x 40% = 36,366.72

90,916.8 - 36,366.72 = 54,550.8

how did you get 1223.45 ?
You haven't deducted the tax free threshold from the 90k.

Deducted that first THEN apply the tax to outstanding amount

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
1,274 Posts
I have the following:
AEF High flow air filter.
ETS 3.5" core intercooler and piping
Tial blowoff valve with 10psi spring.
Driver's side catch can.
Invidia Catless downpipe
Custon 93 octane dyno tune on the Cobb Platform.
Pregapped 1 step colder plugs.

Skip the pregapped spark plugs. It's just a scam put out by a (in)famous tuner to separate you from your money. Unless you are running a really advanced tune with very high boost, the only reason to buy these plugs are to line the pockets of a guy named Adam and start a long and costly series of aggravating events.
You don't have to buy the plugs form Adam though.

I've had one step colder in mine since day one. One of the first mods I did.

Some times I buy them from the states last time I bought them from the UK at 50% the cost of buying them here in Australia even with postage and import charges go figure!! But not yet bought any from Adam.

Always gapped them myself though and changed them out every service never yet had a problem on the custom tune

1 - 9 of 9 Posts