Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Ford Mustang Ecoboost
44 Posts
From non-Mustang owners, not really Most don't care and just like the car. The only "haters" tend to be the Honda guys who don't have a car worth caring about.

Most of the V8 owners don't hate on it either, at least those that I know. Last August at Gingerman my friend in his GT350 said that he couldn't believe how well the car ran. He stayed behind me despite the point by on the straight because he wanted to watch my line in the turns because he was having trouble staying with me. Another friend in his GT said that he kept looking in his mirror wondering how I was still on his tail and gave me the point by. On the track, a lot of it comes down to the driver and being able to use what the car has for you.

Those V8 haters for the EcoBoost typically never run it on a track or dragstrip and feel superior that they can get to the next stop light a second quicker. Don't worry about them and their opinion.
AGREED. I run my car on an NHRA Drag Strip (Bandimere Speedway, Morrison, CO). The Tower Announcer always points out I'm racing a Mustang Ecoboost and I'm dialed in low 13's. People have come into our pit area curious as to how it's possible for a 2.3 Liter inline 4 even with a turbo, can routinely beat 5.0 Mustang GT's. Keep in mind we're racing at 5,800 feet above sea level and the DA can get as high at 9500-10,000 feat. But, no haters to speak of.

·
Registered
7 Posts
From non-Mustang owners, not really Most don't care and just like the car. The only "haters" tend to be the Honda guys who don't have a car worth caring about.
Holy crap! This exactly happened to me! Some punk kid with a POS Honda at a gas station started talking smack about our Orange Fury Ecoboost that we shouldn't drive a car in that color if it isn't a GT - loud and obvious enough that we could hear it. Little moron early 20's in a POS Honda with a fart can probably still living in his mother's house and paying 18% interest.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Holy crap! This exactly happened to me! Some punk kid with a POS Honda at a gas station started talking smack about our Orange Fury Ecoboost that we shouldn't drive a car in that color if it isn't a GT - loud and obvious enough that we could hear it. Little moron early 20's in a POS Honda with a fart can probably still living in his mother's house and paying 18% interest.
Children don't know when to keep their mouth shut. Our drag racing team has a motto worth mentioning: "Run your car. NOT your mouth".

·
Registered
Follow my Instagram @ boosted . jt
73 Posts
Hi, i have a Eco boost on order, supposed to be delivered in 2 months, although i have been waiting over a year now since i did the order.

I'm just curious if there is any hate towards Eco boost owners...
TBO, until i started watching youtube videos about Eco boost, i didn't even know ppl hated on Eco boosts.
First of all, congratulations on your new EcoBoost
I'm really glad the ones replying seem to have been able to have mostly good experiences with owning their Eco's but for me it was a little different

I'm a really young Eco owner, probably one of the youngest on the forum. People my age usually can't grasp the concept of living for more than the sole purpose of just impressing others, and the stereotype of us being ignorant can be true a lot of the time. Surprising I know.
I've gotten hate from a lot of people mostly around the same age group as me. "Not a V8" "Slow" etc. The hate usually congregates on TikTok, Instagram, and YouTube. But sometimes its IRL.
Ill show up to car meets and sometimes I'll get a passing comment from some dude in some $h1t box or someone pointing at my car and saying **** to their friends.
One time, I had one guy in a fake cobra 4.6 mustang, fully built, stage 2 cams, pro tuned, etc etc call me out, "I'll race your slow pos EcoBoost " "Just a 4 cylinder" the works.
We did a 60 roll and I blew the doors off his car and he said later "Well I still pull harder than the Eco" "Well its a new car so" 🤣

There's plenty of content saying stuff about our cars but the BULK of it is in the comment sections of TIkTok or Instagram. Anonymity creates that kindof stuff.
I think the problem is that being a "car person" is VERY trendy rn and mainstream so we have a big influx of people from all intelligences coming in and voicing their opinions.

But the biggest takeaway here is that the hate is going to be there for any car, you can't make them all happy so just embrace it. We get more attention than a lot of cars because we're different.
Being the underdog will always be fun to me, its funnier when you end up winning races or when leaders in the community show what the platform is actually made of. More recently I've seen more love for the EcoBoost and more people recognizing the potential of the platform. About a month ago I had a guy at a car meet with driving a Scat Pack Charger who was asking around for people to race and eventually came over to me. Ended up skipping me because he had heard about what the EcoBoosts can do, especially after I said I had the 10 speed 😭

I think by far the most important thing is to keep in mind that admiration and support for our cars will always be present alongside the hate, its just that sometimes the hate seems louder than the support even when its not.

I hope you end up loving the Eco

Reactions: B2B and zhent

·
Registered
44 Posts
First of all, congratulations on your new EcoBoost
I'm really glad the ones replying seem to have been able to have mostly good experiences with owning their Eco's but for me it was a little different

I'm a really young Eco owner, probably one of the youngest on the forum. People my age usually can't grasp the concept of living for more than the sole purpose of just impressing others, and the stereotype of us being ignorant can be true a lot of the time. Surprising I know.
I've gotten hate from a lot of people mostly around the same age group as me. "Not a V8" "Slow" etc. The hate usually congregates on TikTok, Instagram, and YouTube. But sometimes its IRL.
Ill show up to car meets and sometimes I'll get a passing comment from some dude in some $h1t box or someone pointing at my car and saying **** to their friends.
One time, I had one guy in a fake cobra 4.6 mustang, fully built, stage 2 cams, pro tuned, etc etc call me out, "I'll race your slow pos EcoBoost " "Just a 4 cylinder" the works.
We did a 60 roll and I blew the doors off his car and he said later "Well I still pull harder than the Eco" "Well its a new car so" 🤣

There's plenty of content saying stuff about our cars but the BULK of it is in the comment sections of TIkTok or Instagram. Anonymity creates that kindof stuff.
I think the problem is that being a "car person" is VERY trendy rn and mainstream so we have a big influx of people from all intelligences coming in and voicing their opinions.

But the biggest takeaway here is that the hate is going to be there for any car, you can't make them all happy so just embrace it. We get more attention than a lot of cars because we're different.
Being the underdog will always be fun to me, its funnier when you end up winning races or when leaders in the community show what the platform is actually made of. More recently I've seen more love for the EcoBoost and more people recognizing the potential of the platform. About a month ago I had a guy at a car meet with driving a Scat Pack Charger who was asking around for people to race and eventually came over to me. Ended up skipping me because he had heard about what the EcoBoosts can do, especially after I said I had the 10 speed 😭

I think by far the most important thing is to keep in mind that admiration and support for our cars will always be present alongside the hate, its just that sometimes the hate seems louder than the support even when its not.

I hope you end up loving the Eco
You have earned my respect. Your post was well written, thoughtful, and gave me some hope that all is not lost with the latest generation. My car is set up in such a way it's not readily identified as an Eco. No points on the front or back. However, there are two rectangular "Boosted" badges on the rear deck lid and front grill. But, and this is important, when approached at a gas station, or some other parking lot, or car event, the inevitable question comes up |How fast does it go?" is asked. I tell them the ¼ mile time and ¼ mile speed and they nod approvingly. THEN I tell them, "It's a four cylinder" and they are in shocked disbelief. I've taken to having a copy of one of my run slips with me in the car to prove it's that fast. What happens, and this is the point of this, is they go away with a new found respect for the Eco. So, again, great job, great post.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Here in Australia, Mustangs are exspensive and there are only 2 choices, I4 or V8. ( there are no 101a packs, preformance packs, handling packs) and you can list the option on one hand.
Mods are very exspensive also, i was thinking maybe a catch can would be good...but they are $550 dollars here...so i doubt i'll doing any mods.

so i'll be too slow to drag anyone who's laughing at me.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Just a note about racing on public roads. DON'T. Talk on the street, race at the track.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Here in Australia, Mustangs are exspensive and there are only 2 choices, I4 or V8. ( there are no 101a packs, preformance packs, handling packs) and you can list the option on one hand.
Mods are very exspensive also, i was thinking maybe a catch can would be good...but they are $550 dollars here...so i doubt i'll doing any mods.

$550 for a CATCH CAN??? OMG.

·
Registered
Follow my Instagram @ boosted . jt
73 Posts
You have earned my respect. Your post was well written, thoughtful, and gave me some hope that all is not lost with the latest generation. My car is set up in such a way it's not readily identified as an Eco. No points on the front or back. However, there are two rectangular "Boosted" badges on the rear deck lid and front grill. But, and this is important, when approached at a gas station, or some other parking lot, or car event, the inevitable question comes up |How fast does it go?" is asked. I tell them the ¼ mile time and ¼ mile speed and they nod approvingly. THEN I tell them, "It's a four cylinder" and they are in shocked disbelief. I've taken to having a copy of one of my run slips with me in the car to prove it's that fast. What happens, and this is the point of this, is they go away with a new found respect for the Eco. So, again, great job, great post.
Thank you I really appreciate the kind words and thank you for building a kick ass Eco and spreading the word about our platform ✌

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thank you I really appreciate the kind words and thank you for building a kick ass Eco and spreading the word about our platform ✌
Should've read "NO PONIES" on the front or back. Mods: Turbonetics NX2 direct factory replacement turbo, Mishimoto Intercooler rated at 500 hp; Mishimoto 3" Catted Downpipe; Cold Air Intake; Magnaflow axle back exhaust; catch can; Niche black gloss wheels; and a custom race tune by Edge Motorsports. Best ¼ mile time was 13.20 @ 107 mph. Track, as I've said, is 5860 feet above sea level. If run at sea level, it'd be an 11 second car. Has stock 3.15 gears and a 10 speed automatic. Also has Corbeau race seats. Next year? GEARS.

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
1,236 Posts

Dude where are you shopping? Mine cost me $200 and that's because I bought a branded one you can pick up catch cans for much less.

Some mods are expensive yes but I haven't found it any more or less expensive then modifying the Silvia S14 TBH

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
1,236 Posts

·
Registered
2018 ecoboost convertible premium
177 Posts
You're always going to get haters in life. I just kill'em with kindness. Never let them affect your mood. I always say, "HATE/MOTIVATE!!"

·
Registered
2015 MUSTANG ECOBOOST
196 Posts
Parts - Mustang Motorsport

everything in Australia is exspensive...
my ecoboost is aroung $60,000. V8 is $72,000, you guys in America be happy, you dont have our economy !
But at the same time what's the average income cause we can't compare prices of vehicles since we don't know the average income or wages over there.. if we think about our wages to your vehicle prices then yes very expensive

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
1,236 Posts
Parts - Mustang Motorsport

everything in Australia is exspensive...
my ecoboost is aroung $60,000. V8 is $72,000, you guys in America be happy, you dont have our economy !
It's all relative though in fact I can tell you without a doubt it is way way more expensive in the UK having lived there most of my life. There VAT the equivalent of our GST is 100% more at 20% the actual cost of buying a car here in Australia though is more expensive but that was by design to protect Ford and Holden but the cost of running a car is a lot less.

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
1,236 Posts
But at the same time what's the average income cause we can't compare prices of vehicles since we don't know the average income or wages over there.. if we think about our wages to your vehicle prices then yes very expensive
According to the Australian bureau of statistic

The average Australian weekly earnings is $1748.40.

If you earn above $90,000.00 PA you are considered above average income.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts