Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2015 MUSTANG ECOBOOST
196 Posts
According to the Australian bureau of statistic

The average Australian weekly earnings is $1748.40.

If you earn above $90,000.00 PA you are considered above average income.
That's take home .. hmm well they do have luxury car tax as i recall

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
1,236 Posts
Yeah we sure do on anything over $71,849

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 · (Edited)
are there many purple or green mustangs getting around in the USA, there arn't many youtube vidoes .
i ordered a purple one, but i'm not sure if i'm going to like it now, i'm thinking it might look pink in some light :(

·
Registered
21 Posts
No ecoboost hate but a lot of mouths hanging wide open after a wtf moment where all they could see was my taillights. From those encounters I've gotten quite a few nice compliments like from a guy 30 years younger than me in his BMW - "Dude, the F'in car is sick. Wtf do you have in that thing?" To a guy in a 911 who couldn't believe that he couldn't catch me and followed me all the way home just to see for himself.....get a Stage 3 type tune on it and you'll quickly turn doubters into believers. It's a ton of fun for the money and a
No ecoboost hate but a lot of mouths hanging wide open after a wtf moment where all they could see was my taillights. From those encounters I've gotten quite a few nice compliments like from a guy 30 years younger than me in his BMW - "Dude, the F'in car is sick. Wtf do you have in that thing?" To a guy in a 911 who couldn't believe that he couldn't catch me and followed me all the way home just to see for himself.....get a Stage 3 type tune on it and you'll quickly turn doubters into believers. It's a ton of fun for the money and a fine car by any measure. Mainly, as long as you like it is all that matters.
What mods are you running on your ecoboost??

·
Registered
Follow my Instagram @ boosted . jt
73 Posts
Should've read "NO PONIES" on the front or back. Mods: Turbonetics NX2 direct factory replacement turbo, Mishimoto Intercooler rated at 500 hp; Mishimoto 3" Catted Downpipe; Cold Air Intake; Magnaflow axle back exhaust; catch can; Niche black gloss wheels; and a custom race tune by Edge Motorsports. Best ¼ mile time was 13.20 @ 107 mph. Track, as I've said, is 5860 feet above sea level. If run at sea level, it'd be an 11 second car. Has stock 3.15 gears and a 10 speed automatic. Also has Corbeau race seats. Next year? GEARS.
For my build its pretty modest, its full bolt on besides a oem downpipe and its stock turbo, mines got the same gearing and its also a 10 speed, full 401a premium pack so he weighs quite a bit lol.
I have the CVF Street intercooler, the MBRP Race catback, JLT oil catch can, turbosmart dual port bov, airaid air intake, k&n air filter, i have a cobb ap but i dont use it because im waiting for my 36k mile warranty to expire before i protune
I was thinking of getting charge pipes but i skipped those because I don't think there would be much benefit to swapping them, and the down pipe is staying just because I haven't gotten around to changing it out with a high flow catted one.

I haven't heard of Edge Motorsports for our cars before, are they a place more local to your area?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
According to the Australian bureau of statistic

The average Australian weekly earnings is $1748.40.

If you earn above $90,000.00 PA you are considered above average income.
minus 40% tax, brings you down to $1,049.04 per week.
the I4 is around $60,000, average take home pay per year is $54,550.08.

so the I4 is just over a years take home wage.
i wonder how that compares with USA.

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
1,236 Posts
Sorry but your calculation on tax is wrong your over $12k per year out

I think you may have forgot the none taxable threshold.

So after tax it would work out to

$1223.45 take home. Per week

The I4 here is the fully loaded PP how much is that in the states?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Sorry but your calculation on tax is wrong your over $12k per year out

I think you may have forgot the none taxable threshold.

So after tax it would work out to

$1223.45 take home. Per week

The I4 here is the fully loaded PP how much is that in the states?
1748.4 x 52 = 90,916.8

90,916.8 x 40% = 36,366.72

90,916.8 - 36,366.72 = 54,550.8

how did you get 1223.45 ?

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
1,236 Posts
1748.4 x 52 = 90,916.8

90,916.8 x 40% = 36,366.72

90,916.8 - 36,366.72 = 54,550.8

how did you get 1223.45 ?
You haven't deducted the tax free threshold from the 90k.

Deducted that first THEN apply the tax to outstanding amount

·
Registered
2016 ecoboost premium
92 Posts
The stereotype of the " forza kid " is very real where a 16 year old in clapped 03 civic with ebay parts will dis your car because they think they know everything based off of a videogame and youtube videos. The other people i see hating on eco's are out of touch boomers.

personally i don't give a **** what people think. Leave the standard mustang groups on fb where any ecoboost post is met with comments from old guys with a 4.6 like " why did you buy half a horse" and ignore that their v8 makes less power to the wheels while using more fuel and having higher insurance. On facebook i quite like the boomer free ecoboost forum.

In the end its your money spend it how you like fuck anyone who says otherwise, you have your reasons for going with an ecoboost. Mine is i wanted an affordable good looking rwd turbo 4cyl car. not because its a mustang

·
Premium Member
2018 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Premium
292 Posts
I've joined and left more Mustang Clubs than I care to admit due to idiots with the "v8 or nothing" attitude. The few that I run with now though, respect the build and the car, and are openly supportive of a built Eco sitting next to Shelby's, Blown GT's and other trims/models. Keep looking and you'll find the right crew, and they will back you up in the event of some knob starting crap at a meet. Around town, I rarely catch too much hate, but I do get a stupid amount of "fly by" passes usually from a fart can modded nissan or honda just driving around. The shows I enter car in, have all resulted in a healthy amount of respect from other car owners though who respect the wrench time. I've defaulted to having a display board poster with all the mods listed just so i don't have to repeat myself several times during a show or meet. It also helps that we have a well known ecoboost shop locally (Parker Performance) that has produced some absolute beasts around here, so there's a level of "street cred" that has worked its way into the community.

That said, stay humble and be gracious. I routinely make the joke of " It's all fun and games until your big brother shows up to the party" when the Shelby GT models show up to meets and park on "mustang row" with the rest of the crew at cars and coffee.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Hi, i have a Eco boost on order, supposed to be delivered in 2 months, although i have been waiting over a year now since i did the order.

I'm just curious if there is any hate towards Eco boost owners...
TBO, until i started watching youtube videos about Eco boost, i didn't even know ppl hated on Eco boosts.
I've been an Ecoboost owner since 2015 and everyone loves the Ecoboost. I get compliments all the time and talk with interested people about the engine, handling, economy of the EB. etc. The PPL who bash the Ecoboost are pathetic losers who aren't worth the effort to write about.

·
Registered
324 Posts
What mods are you running on your ecoboost??
I have the following:
AEF High flow air filter.
ETS 3.5" core intercooler and piping
Tial blowoff valve with 10psi spring.
Driver's side catch can.
Invidia Catless downpipe
Custon 93 octane dyno tune on the Cobb Platform.
Pregapped 1 step colder plugs.

Skip the pregapped spark plugs. It's just a scam put out by a (in)famous tuner to separate you from your money. Unless you are running a really advanced tune with very high boost, the only reason to buy these plugs are to line the pockets of a guy named Adam and start a long and costly series of aggravating events.

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
1,236 Posts
I have the following:
AEF High flow air filter.
ETS 3.5" core intercooler and piping
Tial blowoff valve with 10psi spring.
Driver's side catch can.
Invidia Catless downpipe
Custon 93 octane dyno tune on the Cobb Platform.
Pregapped 1 step colder plugs.

Skip the pregapped spark plugs. It's just a scam put out by a (in)famous tuner to separate you from your money. Unless you are running a really advanced tune with very high boost, the only reason to buy these plugs are to line the pockets of a guy named Adam and start a long and costly series of aggravating events.
You don't have to buy the plugs form Adam though.

I've had one step colder in mine since day one. One of the first mods I did.

Some times I buy them from the states last time I bought them from the UK at 50% the cost of buying them here in Australia even with postage and import charges go figure!! But not yet bought any from Adam.

Always gapped them myself though and changed them out every service never yet had a problem on the custom tune

·
Administrator
3,795 Posts
I was parked next to a GT500 at a Father's Day car show this past weekend. I had more conversations with people about my car while we were there than he did.

He spent 100 grand to buy a performance car. I spent much less to build mine the way I want and I get to daily drive mine, while his sits in the garage...

·
Premium Member
2018 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Premium
292 Posts
I was parked next to a GT500 at a Father's Day car show this past weekend. I had more conversations with people about my car while we were there than he did.

He spent 100 grand to buy a performance car. I spent much less to build mine the way I want and I get to daily drive mine, while his sits in the garage...
Exactly. They are beautiful, fun to drive cars, but for real car people its about the time put into it, not the money spent that garners the attraction.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts