Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Premium, M/T
64 Posts
I do, will, have. Around here, many of the stangs are young guys with something to prove. They see my car and think we need to race. I will not street race, but I take it as a compliment. I think my car looks good too:cool:. I've invited a couple to the TNIA, so far no takers.

·
Registered
2019 EcoBoost performance package
241 Posts
I usually wave. But a wave back is rare.

My daughter was driving my Mustang one time though and said it took her awhile to realize why all these people were waving at her. Then she realized that they were all Mustang drivers. I guess more will wave to a girl!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
476 Posts
It is very commonplace in the biker world to wave when passing by, but not so much in the car world. I do wave as well but only sometime get a wave back.

My guess is it depends on the locale you live in as to the type of attitude the genral public embraces.

BD

·
Registered
12 Posts
I sadly suspect that 90% of other Mustang drivers aren't aware of any kind of "Mustang Culture" or whatever you want to call it -- they are just driving a car that gets them around and they or others may think it's a cool car.

So many have darkened windshields or windows, it's hard to see if they are paying attention to the other Mustangs around them or not. It is cool, though, when two of "us" can share that moment. Peace, my fellow 'Stangers! Well...most of you.... ;)

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Depends. There are just SOOO many Mustangs here, especially with them being engrained in the rental fleet and Miami being such a tourist city. So I don't go out of my way to acknowledge. But if we happen to lock eyes, then for sure.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
I get the same thing.
All the time. But what are u gunna do? It's like the big brother flicking the ear of the little brother as you pass each other in the hallway. 😅

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I do if I'm out in the country on a two lane road, as usually the other driver is doing the same thing as me, out for a pleasant drive, and is a "Mustang" person. I find they usually wave back. In the city I've given up although I will return a wave if given.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Its still a thing here. I get about 75% response rate to a wave.

·
Registered
2017 Ruby Red 2.3L Turbo Premium Coupe with Shaker Audio
18 Posts
Always wave. Almost always get a return. If they are in a convertible the arms are usually way up in the air like they scored a touchdown! Very friendly here in Nova Scotia. I waved at a Mach-E once. Mixed feelings on if it was worthy.....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts