Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi, do you think my car looks funny.
I think the front end sits way too high and just gives a bad overall apperance.
Is this normal , do all new mustangs look so odd without lowering springs. View attachment 44251
View attachment 44252
The front splitter actually looks like its at a slight upward angle and it dosnt seem to be at the same level as the side skirts.

· Registered
1,656 Posts
Normal to me as well.

BD

· Registered
757 Posts
It's fine. Keep going...

· Registered
2,661 Posts
That's normal.
You do need to remember that the Ecoboost does sit slightly higher than the GT model of the same year on spec. (Ground to top of roof height).
Also, that gap will close slightly as the springs bed in. Your car is still very new in this regard.

What you don't want to do, is lower the car by using shorter springs or coil-overs... If it's a road-going car and not a track car.
Lowering the car, only changes the finely tuned suspension, and many times creates a worse handling car unless you do the job properly, know what you are doing and change other suspension geometry.
Not worth it purely just for "looks" IMO.
You like me drive on Aussie roads... Not well-maintained German Autobahns. :)

I would not want my Ecoboost any lower with the number of speed humps, potholes and high parking kerbs I have to contend with my Stang being a daily driver.
The number of people I see with lowered Mustangs that have scrapes and damage to the front spoiler is ridiculous.

Reactions: Buldawg76

· Registered
56 Posts
Lowering the ecoboost was one of the first things I did right away to it. Lowered it at around only 5k miles using Ford Performance lowering springs. I did not change the struts or shocks since they were still new. It only lowers about 1 inch all the way around but got rid of the tire/wheel gap and looks a lot better.

· Registered
2016 ecoboost premium
275 Posts
It looks normal for a stock car. An alternative to lowering ( especially if your roads are full of potholes ) is to get a bigger wheel and tire setup. I went from 18” to 19” and got some taller tires, ride height isn’t changed but the overall fitment is way better in my opinion. I like wheel wells to be more filled out and the offset of stock is a bit too sunk in imo

Only downside to me is my tire size is uncommon. 275/45/r19. Makes buying tires more expensive

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

· Registered
28 Posts
It looks normal for a stock car. An alternative to lowering ( especially if your roads are full of potholes ) is to get a bigger wheel and tire setup. I went from 18” to 19” and got some taller tires, ride height isn’t changed but the overall fitment is way better in my opinion. I like wheel wells to be more filled out and the offset of stock is a bit too sunk in imo

Only downside to me is my tire size is uncommon. 275/45/r19. Makes buying tires more expensive
Your car looks great, wheel wells are nicely filled out, but it doesn't add up -- bigger wheels, taller tires -- ride height must be higher. Unless you are running 10psi...

· Registered
2016 ecoboost premium
275 Posts
Your car looks great, wheel wells are nicely filled out, but it doesn't add up -- bigger wheels, taller tires -- ride height must be higher. Unless you are running 10psi...

sorry i wasnt clear. meant my suspension is unchanged, ride height is a tiny bit taller stock wheel size diameter is 27.18 my new wheel and tire setup is 28.8.

so
from the center of the hub to the ground stock is 13.59 inches from the center of hub to the ground on my new tires is 14.4. so my car sits a half inch higher than stock. so pretty much the same as stock. a half inch of ride height is pretty much unnoticeable

1 - 20 of 21 Posts