Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Ecoboost 101A,19" polished wheels, Magnaflow Catback,Foose Design Spoiler,JL Audio Sub
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Wife purchased an X-Lume lighted pony emblem for the back of my ecoboost and gave it to me for Christmas. I installed it sometime late January and it looked fantastic at first.After about 2 months I noticed some of the silver finish was coming off and by April almost all of it has come off and it looked terrible with just the plastic showing and most of the silver off.the area down by the feet of the pony also quit lighting up as bright as it originally did so I have taken it back off and have tried to contact both CJ Pony Parts and X-Lume themselves about this issue. I got no reply from X-Lume at all and only heard from CJ Pony Parts after posting something on Facebook about the issue. The I was contacted by them and asked to send in pictures which I have done twice and followed up with another Email and still getting no response from them.
0519201735.jpg

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
My Wife purchased an X-Lume lighted pony emblem for the back of my ecoboost and gave it to me for Christmas. I installed it sometime late January and it looked fantastic at first.After about 2 months I noticed some of the silver finish was coming off and by April almost all of it has come off and it looked terrible with just the plastic showing and most of the silver off.the area down by the feet of the pony also quit lighting up as bright as it originally did so I have taken it back off and have tried to contact both CJ Pony Parts and X-Lume themselves about this issue. I got no reply from X-Lume at all and only heard from CJ Pony Parts after posting something on Facebook about the issue. The I was contacted by them and asked to send in pictures which I have done twice and followed up with another Email and still getting no response from them. View attachment 36649
I appreciate the write up. I have eyeballed this mod before. I won't be selecting it in the future. I wonder if the FORD OEM light up pony has similar issues. Its like $150 more than the Xlume.

·
Registered
53 Posts
That’s a bummer because I’ve been eyeing this mod for a while. My 17 Premium w PP already has a lot of stuff on it, so I’ve delayed adding new stuff. Glad I waited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Could you respray a light coating of VHT Niteshade over it to dress it back up but still have the light come through? Just a thought.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts