Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for any advice. I have a 2017 Ecoboost premium convertible. I have recently had the problem of driving usually on the highway and my passenger door unlatches. I hear it and the the door open warning appears on the dash. So I have to pull over on the highway and open the door the rest of the way and shut it. It’s quite scary and annoying. Today it happened twice in a 35 minute commute. And I am positive the door is always shut to begin with. Today was the 7/8th time in the past two months.
I had called Ford and was told there were no recalls. Any advice? Currently at 80k miles so I am over the warranty, isn’t this a safety issue?

Attachments

·
Registered
168 Posts
He said his passenger door unlatches. The recall is for the drivers door.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I really wonder if the parts know the difference. Hopefully, Ford will 'adjust' their recall statement. Otherwise, it's time to hire a full time passenger to hold that door shut (duct tape?).

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm having this same issue with my 2018 Ford Mustang EcoBoost Convertible Premium. It has happened multiple times and all Ford tells me is that it's fine plus there is no recall issued. This is very scary. I wish something is done about it because it's so dangerous & it only happens at highway speeds.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I took my '15 EB to the Ford dealer for some service and he put the VIN in the computer and told me that there was a "recall" on it that had not been performed. They replaced both door latches under the "recall" at no charge to me. This was just a couple of months ago.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I don't have my 15 anymore but i still keep getting recall notices from Ford for the door latches and gas tank insulation.

Dave

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone! I have a 2018 ford mustang premium convertible ecoboost. The passenger door keeps popping open as well while driving at highway speeds. Has anyone found a fix to this problem? I see multiple post about the problem but no solutions. I have been a troll on this sight for a while reading. I signed up today. Any advice would be helpful.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Looking for any advice. I have a 2017 Ecoboost premium convertible. I have recently had the problem of driving usually on the highway and my passenger door unlatches. I hear it and the the door open warning appears on the dash. So I have to pull over on the highway and open the door the rest of the way and shut it. It’s quite scary and annoying. Today it happened twice in a 35 minute commute. And I am positive the door is always shut to begin with. Today was the 7/8th time in the past two months.
I had called Ford and was told there were no recalls. Any advice? Currently at 80k miles so I am over the warranty, isn’t this a safety issue?
Ford recalls 2.15M vehicles over door latch issue (Door coming unlatched constantly while driving). The recall affects some Fiesta, C-Max, Focus, Mustang, Fusion, Escape, Transit Connect, Lincoln MKZ and MKC vehicles produced during 2011-16. What year was your Mustang manufactured?

·
Registered
163 Posts
I had both the driver and passenger side latches replaced under the recall on my 2015 Mustang.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I think it can also be an electrical issue. This happened in my friend's car and the electrician did some work and it was perfect.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2017 ecoboost premium convertible has just started this in the past few days. It’s happened 4 times on the passenger door and 1 time in the driver side door. All at about 70-85 mph! I know for sure the door is closed to begin with. At first I thought it was after hitting bumps, but now that it has happened a few times, it’s happened without hitting a bump.

Did you take your car to Ford, and if so, did they do the fix for the recall, or something else?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all, I'm brand new to this forum, and I currently own a 2017 Ecoboost Premium convertible. Every time I get behind the wheel, it puts a big smile on my face. However, I've also been having that random door opening situation, both the driver's and passenger side doors. I have about 63K miles, so she is out of warranty. I went to my local Ford dealer, Park Cities Ford in Dallas, and the service advisor ran my VIN, and advised my vehicle is not part of that recall, and that they can diagnose the issue for $74.00. I explained to him that this is a SAFETY issue and that that there is a recall on the '15 and thought it would also apply to mine. He wouldn't budge, so I called Ford customer service, and she also didn't budge. I then filed a complaint on the NHTSA (1-888-327-4236 ) website, and that was about 3 weeks ago. I researched the parts (FR3Z-63264A27-B and FR3Z-63264A26-B), and they literally come to about $200.00 for both plus tax and shipping. I was told if I spent the money repairing it myself, and a recall was issued down the road, Ford would reimburse me. Anyone else have luck replacing the door latches?

·
Registered
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible
18 Posts
Some times can be nothing more than a simple door adjustment as if it is not completely latched it could feel latched and pop open.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just got a notice from mycarfax that a recall just got issued for the 2015s. That's crazy, I had heard of this and thought it was the metal hook that could allow the door to open in event of an accident, had no idea these were opening up by themselves on the highway! How does that even happen? This went from a "when i get around to it" to a "as soon as I get the actual notice" affair.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts