Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for any advice. I have a 2017 Ecoboost premium convertible. I have recently had the problem of driving usually on the highway and my passenger door unlatches. I hear it and the the door open warning appears on the dash. So I have to pull over on the highway and open the door the rest of the way and shut it. It’s quite scary and annoying. Today it happened twice in a 35 minute commute. And I am positive the door is always shut to begin with. Today was the 7/8th time in the past two months.
I had called Ford and was told there were no recalls. Any advice? Currently at 80k miles so I am over the warranty, isn’t this a safety issue?

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
He said his passenger door unlatches. The recall is for the drivers door.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I really wonder if the parts know the difference. Hopefully, Ford will 'adjust' their recall statement. Otherwise, it's time to hire a full time passenger to hold that door shut (duct tape?).

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm having this same issue with my 2018 Ford Mustang EcoBoost Convertible Premium. It has happened multiple times and all Ford tells me is that it's fine plus there is no recall issued. This is very scary. I wish something is done about it because it's so dangerous & it only happens at highway speeds.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I took my '15 EB to the Ford dealer for some service and he put the VIN in the computer and told me that there was a "recall" on it that had not been performed. They replaced both door latches under the "recall" at no charge to me. This was just a couple of months ago.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
I don't have my 15 anymore but i still keep getting recall notices from Ford for the door latches and gas tank insulation.

Dave

1 - 9 of 9 Posts