Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
There is lots of misunderstanding concerning the door latch issue. It is a NHTSA/DOT mandated "RECALL". It doesn't matter if your car has 200,000 miles on it and is out of warranty- it is a RECALL and Ford is required by law to fix each and every affected car.
I don't know which year models are covered by the RECALL but your Ford dealer can enter your VIN in his Ford computer and it will tell him every RECALL that has been issued for that VIN and it tells him if each and every RECALL has been fixed. I took my '15 in due to overheating shortly before it reached the 50,000 mile mark and the dealer told me about the RECALL on the door latches. My doors had never popped open while driving. They replaced the thermostat under warranty and the door latches under the RECALL.
If your Ford dealer tells you that your car is not covered by the door latch RECALL and your door(s) are opening while driving notify the NHTSA/DOT. If enough people with cars not covered by the RECALL complain to NHTSA/DOT they will order Ford to extend the RECALL to cover the cars that were not covered under the initial RECALL.
Have I clarified the difference between a RECALL and a warranty?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looking for any advice. I have a 2017 Ecoboost premium convertible. I have recently had the problem of driving usually on the highway and my passenger door unlatches. I hear it and the the door open warning appears on the dash. So I have to pull over on the highway and open the door the rest of the way and shut it. It’s quite scary and annoying. Today it happened twice in a 35 minute commute. And I am positive the door is always shut to begin with. Today was the 7/8th time in the past two months.
I had called Ford and was told there were no recalls. Any advice? Currently at 80k miles so I am over the warranty, isn’t this a safety issue?

·
Registered
355 Posts
I completed the inspection on mine this morning. Fortunately, it is not included. It was a PITA to read those numbers.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Holy mackerel!
I received a letter from Ford today telling me that my car was brought in for repair or replacement of the door latches under Recall 16S30. An FoMoCo investigation has revealed that some of the latches WERE NOT REPLACED or may NOT have been replaced CORRECTLY! So dealerships are billing Ford for the parts & labor to replace the latches but they're not doing the job!
There are some photos telling me how to copy a number off of the latches and then go to a website to identify them.

I wrote down the numbers (5147 on both latches) and went to the website. When I enter my VIN I get an error message!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts