Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received my CVF downpipe for the ecoboost, however, I noticed the new downpipe has a flat style flange where as the stock down pipe utilizes a donut flange. Does the donut piece come off the turbo to allow both flat flanges?

·
Registered
639 Posts
Just received my CVF downpipe for the ecoboost, however, I noticed the new downpipe has a flat style flange where as the stock down pipe utilizes a donut flange. Does the donut piece come off the turbo to allow both flat flanges?
Should be a donut gasket that comes out when you remove the stock downpipe.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Yes, the stock donut comes out since it isn't required for the CVF downpipe. The turbo flange and the CVF flange will mate up with the provided gasket sandwiched between. Before you install it though... Once you have removed the stock downpipe, put a bit of PB Blaster on the turbo exhaust flange studs and run the nuts all the way down and up a couple of times to remove any build up on the threads near the flange. This is because the nuts will have to go further down the stud for to mate the flanges.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Yes, the stock donut comes out since it isn't required for the CVF downpipe. The turbo flange and the CVF flange will mate up with the provided gasket sandwiched between. Before you install it though... Once you have removed the stock downpipe, put a bit of PB Blaster on the turbo exhaust flange studs and run the nuts all the way down and up a couple of times to remove any build up on the threads near the flange. This is because the nuts will have to go further down the stud for to mate the flanges.
Good call! I also put a little spray on copper gasket maker on the stud, so it’s easier to get the damned thing off next time. Oops, spray the copper on a rag then use a Q-tip to apply to the stud...........lol, as I typed the first part of that I had visions of folks in a rage cause of all the copper spray coating their engines! Lol
You can use anti seize on the stud, but the copper has a high heat rating.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts