Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don’t know what downpipe to get, mines a 2019 with a Cobb Stage 2 91 tune and the exhaust system is catless. I was looking at CVFAB but idk if I should get the catted or catless. Any ideas on the best downpipes that don’t mess with any sensors?

·
Super Moderator
3,554 Posts
If you don't currently have a cat, then you already have an aftermarket downpipe. Did you buy the car used?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you don't currently have a cat, then you already have an aftermarket downpipe. Did you buy the car used?
I bought the car used with no mods on it, I put the full Cobb catless exhaust system and then put the stage 2 on it

·
Registered
379 Posts
I bought the car used with no mods on it, I put the full Cobb catless exhaust system and then put the stage 2 on it
Do you mean a Cobb "catback" exhaust system? That would be everything behind the stock downpipe.

When you say "full Cobb catless exhaust system," that implies you already have a catless downpipe. This is sometimes called a "turbo back" exhaust system, since it includes everything behind the turbo, from the downpipe to the exhaust tip(s).

·
Super Moderator
3,554 Posts
MD18EcoStang just said it better than I did. I think you're confused as to terminology. On our cars, the catalytic converter is a part of the down pipe. It's not something that Cobb sells a catless version of. You also don't need a downpipe for stage 2 of a Cobb tune. Stage 2 is intake and intercooler.

Reactions: MD18EcoStang

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do you mean a Cobb "catback" exhaust system? That would be everything behind the stock downpipe.

When you say "full Cobb catless exhaust system," that implies you already have a catless downpipe. This is sometimes called a "turbo back" exhaust system, since it includes everything behind the turbo, from the downpipe to the exhaust tip(s).
Yes sorry it’s a catback exhaust system, my apologies for that. I was wondering what would be a good down pipe to throw on my car with it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts