Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested ... price, source, installation, people's impressions, etc.

installed the DV+ yesterday and was simple and fun. Car feels stock, can't really notice a difference which i suppose is ultimately the goal. I'm now able to handle the increased boost of my turbo upgrade so I'm happy. Also installed the NGK plugs and car feels a bit more responsive. To install the DV+ I followed this video
Heres a few pics of the install:
View attachment 5753
View attachment 5761
View attachment 5769
View attachment 5777
View attachment 5785
Not much else to say about it. I did find out something interesting about the DV+ after reading the instructions. It comes with an optional spring to make it open progressively based on boost levels. This spring can be removed to make it function identically to stock. I actually put the spring in before reading that so I'll leave it in for a while and see how it goes.

·
Super Moderator
6,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Looking for info ---

·
Registered
272 Posts
I had the Boomba Boost Operated Full Recirculation Bypass Valve Kit on my car for a couple of weeks and then saw this DV+. It just makes way more sense to me so I removed the Boomba / returned to stock and bought one of the GFB DV+ Kits.

Received it just before going on vacation last week so I've yet to install but I think it is the way to go.

I was certainly NOT TOO PLEASED to find this much cheaper option after buying & installing the Boomba, as the DV+ is ...

* simpler to install
* simpler to return to stock
* boost assists in holding it shut (same as Boomba)
* quicker performance due to it being direct acting (vs. Boomba vacuum open & boost closed via a 3-way solenoid using the same electrical connector)

Adam / Tune+ is the only Mustang parts supplier I'm aware of that is selling it. Others pop up on a google search, but none I had ever heard of.

If you've not read through the thread about the DV+ on M6G here is a link ...
Go Fast Bits DV+ - 2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, GT350, GT500, Mach 1, Ecoboost) - Mustang6G.com

Doug

·
Super Moderator
6,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the link. I will have to add this to the list -- Am still wanting to hear the guys here talk about the unit and how it was to install.

·
Banned
746 Posts
I ordered mine through Tune+, along with a UPR crankcase breather. Received the breather but not the DV+ yet. Ill add to this thread as soon as I get it on the car. All the literature on the DV+ is supposed to solve my problems. The only reason I went to the TS dual port was because I would hear an audible hiss at cruising speed with the factory DV and the open JLT intake. The TS solved the hissing, but now I get flutter and coughing sounds at low boost. Doesn't sound healthy to me. Hopefully the DV+ performs as advertised, and Adam at Tune+ said its the way to go......And I'm thinking if I want to VTA, I'll find some longer bolts and install the Boomba spacer as well. All this better work, I'm in well over $400 on this part of the car.

·
Banned
746 Posts
I ordered mine through Tune+, along with a UPR crankcase breather. Received the breather but not the DV+ yet. Ill add to this thread as soon as I get it on the car. All the literature on the DV+ is supposed to solve my problems. The only reason I went to the TS dual port was because I would hear an audible hiss at cruising speed with the factory DV and the open JLT intake. The TS solved the hissing, but now I get flutter and coughing sounds at low boost. Doesn't sound healthy to me. Hopefully the DV+ performs as advertised, and Adam at Tune+ said its the way to go......And I'm thinking if I want to VTA, I'll find some longer bolts and install the Boomba spacer as well. All this better work, I'm in well over $400 on this part of the car.
Well this DV+ must be pretty popular....I ordered it from Tune+ 2 weeks ago and it's still not in stock:mad:

·
Registered
643 Posts
@Squid it's super easy, costs $140, takes about <5 mins to install, sounds awesome if you're setup to VTA, provides much better throttle response (you'll enjoy that most) and my favorite part... It adds a mechanical layer to the electronic control so it allows the pressure release to be progressive or all at once (depending on high or low load situations).

·
Super Moderator
6,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Excellent!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Just installed mine and took it out for a drive. Currently back to stock Ford tune (uninstalled Cobb to see if I get any better MPG's for winter time), and it seems to make a difference in the feeling of boost.

The electrical connector on the bypass solenoid was already rubbing on the intake pipe, so I had to loosen some clamps and get it to shift away from there as it was only going to be worse with the DV+ sandwiched in there.

BP Valve rubbing.JPG BP & DV+ 1.JPG BP & DV+ 2.JPG

·
Banned
746 Posts
Ok...installed the DV+....No hiss at cruising speed....But THERE IS FLUTTER...ITS TWICE AS LOUD AND TWICE AS MUCH as the Turbosmart. At high boost instead of the pssssh, I get a flock of condors flying around under the hood...WTF??!!

·
Banned
746 Posts
GFB says ...
DV+ Tech Tip
During assembly, you can choose to install the main piston spring (indicated below by the arrow) or not. Using the spring is recommended because it results in the best possible throttle response and minimum lag on gearshift, particularly on manual cars. This can sometimes result in a slightly different sound from the intake at low RPM, which is no cause for alarm – it’s simply the different way in which the valve works. If however the noise is objectionable, removing the spring will make the DV+ operate the same way as the factory valve, albeit at the expense of throttle response.

To explain further, minimum lag on gearshift on any petrol turbo engine is achieved when the diverter or blow-off valve vents only just enough air to prevent compressor surge. Venting more air than necessary increases lag on gearshift because the intercooler is completely relieved of pressure, meaning it takes longer to return to peak boost when the throttle is re-opened.

This is the basis behind GFB’s TMS principle (as explained in this article here), and is also the principle that all GFB valves operate on. The DV+ is no exception, because unlike the factory diverter, the DV+ opens and closes in response to both the ECU command AND the amount of boost pressure in the intercooler. So when the ECU triggers the solenoid, the DV+ piston will only open as far as the boost pressure in the intercooler can push it against the spring. The factory diverter on the other hand will simply open regardless of the boost pressure. The different sound you may hear on throttle lift-off at low RPM is simply because of this different operation method, and it does not adversely affect the turbo or engine.

Removing the spring means the DV+ piston will simply open and close when directed by the ECU, just as the factory diverter does. Rest assured that even with the spring removed, the DV+ will still continue to hold boost normally, however you will forfeit the benefit of the TMS principle and throttle response will be the same as with the factory diverter.

I will take the main spring out to see what it does....I felt no difference, performance wise..from the stock dv, TS dual port or the DV+.......

Im concerned with Compressor surge when I let off throttle at high boost...Flutter flutter...
@Vanetti...Have you opened your throttle and let off quickly? You have an open intake and you said nothing about flutter with the DV+

@Nach..Help me out ...you seem to know, or will respond

·
Registered
138 Posts
Ok...installed the DV+....No hiss at cruising speed....But THERE IS FLUTTER...ITS TWICE AS LOUD AND TWICE AS MUCH as the Turbosmart. At high boost instead of the pssssh, I get a flock of condors flying around under the hood...WTF??!!
That is concerning. If you are. In vacuum or 1 psi a flutter sound is just the valve itself and not a problem. Flutter sounds at high boost is compressor surge and happening because the backed up boost pressure is actually hitting the compressor wheel and not good to have.

Check that the stock valve is working properly and everything is hooked up. if the stock valve is not working properly the DV+ won't work either.

·
Banned
746 Posts
That is concerning. If you are. In vacuum or 1 psi a flutter sound is just the valve itself and not a problem. Flutter sounds at high boost is compressor surge and happening because the backed up boost pressure is actually hitting the compressor wheel and not good to have.

Check that the stock valve is working properly and everything is hooked up. if the stock valve is not working properly the DV+ won't work either.
There is no flutter under throttle, only when you let off.

·
Registered
138 Posts
There is no flutter under throttle, only when you let off.
Sounds like compressor surge. The pressure is getting trapped in the intake instead of venting. Something's binding or not setup correctly in the tune. Are you tuned specifically for a mechanical BOV? Tunner may have shut off the stock valve operation. Can you get a video of the behavior?

·
Banned
746 Posts
@SoCal 2.3 Tell me a little more detail about the conditions while this occurs. Like speed, gear, how you're throttling, etc. And have you ever gotten tuned yet? List of mods posted up?
Yes I'm tuned by Adam,this better not be a tuning issue...I asked him about the DV+ before purchase and he didn't mention a revision.
History of this problem(Auto trans BTW).....Installed JLT CAI...heard hissing noise at cruising speed. Factory DV was the cause due to ECU control. Installed Turbosmart dual port. Hissing noise stopped...VTA at high boost throttle release, but it would flutter slightly at low boost release. Got tuned..valve acts the same. Heard about the DV+ and purchased from Tune +. It's supposed to solve the hiss and flutter. Install DV+...No hiss, but the DV+ flutters and coughs at low boost just like the TS BOV. (Driving normally and slowly lifting throttle before a stop sign) It flutters loud at high boost lift off, when the TS BOV would VTA.( anytime above 3500 rpm or so with a quick lift)
I just heard from Brett at GO FAST BITS...he says the DV+ should not act like this, and suggested some trouble shooting ideas. First I'm going to put the factory valve back on and see if it reacts the same as before(Just hiss at cruising speed)
@Nach, I'd appreciate your feedback as well..

·
Banned
746 Posts
Sounds like compressor surge. The pressure is getting trapped in the intake instead of venting. Something's binding or not setup correctly in the tune. Are you tuned specifically for a mechanical BOV? Tunner may have shut off the stock valve operation. Can you get a video of the behavior?
I hope its not a tune problem...I bought this from Tune+, and no revision was mentioned.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts