Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

DV+ for 2018?

4K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Buldawg76 
#1 ·
Went to install DV+ on my ride and it seems factory valve can't be disassembled. Anyone else with a 2018 that has done this? GFB indicates good for my year but maybe I got the 19+ valve.

#2 ·
I didn't have any issues with installing the DV+ on my 2018, everything was just like I had seen for the earlier cars.

#5 ·
Thanks for pics. I don't think my valve looks like that. Can you show the valve part? Mine appears to be one piece and not sure how its attached. Maybe snaps onto the solenoid shaft. Didn't want to mess with it too much until I have a backup. I'll try to get a pic of it tonite

#7 · (Edited)
Thank you much for the vid. It was extremely helpful. The valve shown is the same as mine. I don't like to poke, pull or prod on anything that I don't have a backup for.
I tried the glove and pliers as shown but wasn't feeling the love, so I sinched a cable tie down snug and then rotated it backwards like a strap wrench. Rotated and pulled lightly and it eventually came out. Test drive proves its working as designed.
Thanks again

#10 ·
... I sinched a cable tie down snug and then rotated it backwards like a strap wrench. Rotated and pulled lightly and it eventually came out. Test drive proves its working as designed.
Thanks again
Brilliant! i'll be using your method too if the need arises .. so thank you back. i watched videos of people using channel locks and breaking that piece so i improved their idea BUT your idea is even smarter.

#14 ·
I installed the DV+ on my 2018. I had a takeoff laying around from my 2015 install of a Boomba BOV and used that for my DV+ install on the 2018. I'm sure there are other members that have takeoffs where they went with another manufacturer's valve that might be convinced to part with it.

Reactions: MD18EcoStang
#15 ·
You can tell if your BOV valve is the one that can be used with the GFB DV+ by the color of the o ring that seals to the charge pipe. If the o ring is yellow it can be disassembled to install the DV+, if its orange it cannot be disassembled to install the DV+. You need a BOV from a 15-17 model years, some early 18s still had 15-17 version installed at factory.

Correct part number valve is CJ5Z-9U465-A. You can buy one for 50 bucks off Ebay.

BD

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.