Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm ready to upgrade the factory bypass valve finally and need help picking an option. After reading through all the threads on the DV+ I didn't find a conclusive answer as to whether or not it's a worthy upgrade for an automatic EcoBoost. I know it functions the same but is the minor performance increase worth the extra cost compared to a bov spacer?

For the past 2 years I've just vented the stock hose to atmosphere and used the rubber cap method. So my options are get a cheap bov spacer, keep the stock bypass valve hose vented, or get the DV+ Vent to atmosphere version. Which would you go with?

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I'm ready to upgrade the factory bypass valve finally and need help picking an option. After reading through all the threads on the DV+ I didn't find a conclusive answer as to whether or not it's a worthy upgrade for an automatic EcoBoost. I know it functions the same but is the minor performance increase worth the extra cost compared to a bov spacer?

For the past 2 years I've just vented the stock hose to atmosphere and used the rubber cap method. So my options are get a cheap bov spacer, keep the stock bypass valve hose vented, or get the DV+ Vent to atmosphere version. Which would you go with?
The DV+ would be a nice option. It's much stronger then the stock bypass valve and can handle higher boost levels.

·
Registered
2016 EcoBoost - Auto
233 Posts
Just installed one the other day on my '16 auto. At first I didn't realize any changes in performance, but yesterday on the drive home from work I leaned on the gas while entering one of those "special stretches" of asphalt. Boost hit ~20 and the seemed to maintain a good amount longer than I'd experienced prior to installing. Same stretch of road I hit everyday, same outdoor temp, etc. I'd guess the 2nd spring in the GFB kit helps resist the ECUs attempt open so as to not exceed some targeted boost level?

Got a silly question. Mine's installed per the instructions and I went ahead with the plug on the intake tube. Since my GFB can only VTA the way I have it, does that mean it's simply a DV, and not a DV+?

Oh yeah. Still hoping to hear from someone who can say their white BPV wire connector doesn't rub the $hit outta their intake tube. The GFB only closes any clearance there is/was:rolleyes:

Reactions: Dubcsmith

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That sounds good I think I'll definitely get it now. As for your question they're both DV+ but after the first model was released for our car, they produced a VTA version that vents the valve without needing the plug on the intake tube. The vta version looks like this.

·
Registered
2016 EcoBoost - Auto
233 Posts
That sounds good I think I'll definitely get it now. As for your question they're both DV+ but after the first model was released for our car, they produced a VTA version that vents the valve without needing the plug on the intake tube. The vta version looks like this.

View attachment 36177
Ahhh, gotcha! That VTA model definitely would have the connector pushing hard against even the oem intake tube! But yeah, the GFB is well worth the cost and it gives me an excuse to shop charge pipes and CAIs :p Just wish Ford had the foresight that folks like us would be looking to install various intakes. Pretty much every photo posted shows the same problem with space here. K&N's design looks like it has a recess in elbow of it's tube, so....:unsure:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What problem are you having with it rubbing the intake tube? I planned to install an airaid intake tube the same time I did this lol. Is fitting it all going to cause problems?

·
Registered
2016 EcoBoost - Auto
233 Posts
What problem are you having with it rubbing the intake tube? I planned to install an airaid intake tube the same time I did this lol. Is fitting it all going to cause problems?
I'm currently back to the oem tube. Had an Airaid on for a week or so, but even before installing the DV+ I noticed some deep, deep scars in the tube created by the BPV wire connector. Tried loosening up the hot-side charge pipe couplings and Airaid to open up some clearance, but was unsuccessful. I'm mostly worried about the connector breaking. I'm not an expert on how the BPV works, but can I imagine it would be pretty bad if excess boost can't be released. Basically my Airaid tube is on the shelf indefinitely.

·
Registered
2016 EcoBoost - Auto
233 Posts
Black Material property Leather Auto part Synthetic rubber

·
Registered
2016 EcoBoost - Auto
233 Posts
Thought about McGuyvering some sort of indent/relief into the Airaid, but if my attempt failed I'd hate to find out by the turbo sucking in a bunch of debris!:eek:

Anyways, gotta call it a night. I'll be sure to check back. Laters

Reactions: Dubcsmith
1 - 9 of 9 Posts