Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to adding the E85 E15 fuel option to my 2020 Ecoboost. However I can't seem to find a package deal. I'd like to do a duel fuel option. I'm not looking to race, but it would be nice to add some extra ponies from time to time. Not to mention E15 is like running mid grade and it's a lot cheaper than 93. I have Sheetz stations all around me that have E15/88. I have read that it should be safe to run, but my F150 is made to run these flex fuels and I don't see anything that says my car can do this.

I did see a post on here about getting something from EMS but I didn't see anything on their websites for package deals.
E85 kit

Also, since my Mustang is still under warranty I'd rather like to keep it that way so whatever is offered hopefully doesn't void any warranties. Thoughts?

· Premium Member
2,234 Posts
I run E15 or 89 octane in my Ecoboost Fusion with factory tune and zero modifications. However, that's about as far as I'm willing to push it, being my daily driver.
As for my Mustang, In the early days, I did play around with spiking my 93 octane gasoline with ethanol. It did give me a bit of a boost. Cut my 1/4 mile ET from 13.01 to 12.97 and if I remember right, the fuel tested out at E27...?
Anything other than that, will void your warranty.

Reactions: Knuckle66

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Coyote Chaser, I was hoping you'd reply since it's your post in the E85 Kit thread that caught my attention. Do you know if EMS still offers that kit, or was the kit built for you? I'm just trying to get a price feel for all of this. Also, what was your ratio when cutting 93 with E85? 50/50 or something less drastic like 75/25?
This car is my daily driver so I'm trying to get the best bang for my buck on fuel economy. I live in a hilly area and that doesn't help. On my normal commute I'm only seeing about 23 to 24 mpg. So if I can help the pain by running some corn I'm ok with it.

· Premium Member
2,234 Posts
Hi Coyote Chaser, I was hoping you'd reply since it's your post in the E85 Kit thread that caught my attention. Do you know if EMS still offers that kit, or was the kit built for you? I'm just trying to get a price feel for all of this. Also, what was your ratio when cutting 93 with E85? 50/50 or something less drastic like 75/25?
This car is my daily driver so I'm trying to get the best bang for my buck on fuel economy. I live in a hilly area and that doesn't help. On my normal commute I'm only seeing about 23 to 24 mpg. So if I can help the pain by running some corn I'm ok with it.
EMS put the kit together with parts from different vendors, but it is fairly simple and easy to install. They should be able to do the same for you.

On the ethanol blend... I think I had my best results (without tune modifications) at 80% gasoline (which already contains 10% ethanol) and 20% ethanol. As for mileage, it takes more ethanol to produce power than gasoline. My Ecoboost Fusion gets 26 mpg on 89 octane and 23 mpg on E15.

Reactions: Knuckle66

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was just doing some reading on mixing blends and what you get. The only thing he's missing the calculator so I have to do math but that's no big deal.
Mixing E85 With Pump Gas: Getting Higher Octane For Less Money
My F150 5.0 never saw a drastic change like that. I'd get about 16ish mpg on 87 and I'd get about 15 to 16mpg on E15.
Thanks for you help!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts