Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know some of you are sorta on the fence about purchasing lowering springs off of ebay, and specifically the Roush Yates Vogtland springs currently being offered for $99.99, so having just purchased a set myself, I wanted to do a quick review.

But first, let's take care of the disclaimers. I do not work for nor am I affiliated with the business that is selling these "athensfordparts". I only have the front pair installed right now (ran out of time last night). I have not driven the car much since installing them (perhaps 8 miles). This review mainly covers the springs themselves, not the install.

Ok, with that out of the way, let's begin.

First off, you can't beat the price. They're asking $99.99. However, I made an offer of $85 which was accepted, and they come with free shipping.

They arrived on-time and well packaged.

Each spring comes with the Roush Yates by Vogtland identifier, and seem to be of high quality. My guess is that Vogtland probably started manufacturing progressive springs and these "linear springs" are all left-overs that were bought in bulk at a huge discount, and now being re-sold.

They do not come with any instructions, nor any hardware, to include the bumper stops, which means you'll have to cut your stock stops down about an inch so the car isn't constantly riding on the stops and has some travel space.

If you watch some YouTube videos showing you a lowering spring install, you'll know exactly what you'll be up against and some of the How-To's.

With just the fronts installed, I can tell that the these springs are firmer, though not overly so. Heavy braking from 60-0 barely made the nose drop, and cornering feels more stable with less roll.

The ebay product page indicates a 1" drop for these springs, and that is precisely what I got on the fronts. (ground to top of wheel well is now 27.25" compared to 28.25" stock)

For my install, we used 2 hydraulic floor jacks and a jack stand, and did one wheel at a time. Total time to install the 2 springs was approx. 2 hours, taking away some time spent to acquire a heavier (3 lb) mallet hammer to knock out the strut mount bolts. An impact wrench *IS* required for the install.

After the install, the front wheels appear to have a VERY slight negative camber, and I do mean slight, though an alignment afterward is probably a good thing to do and is on my list once I get the rears installed.

My overall impression, again based on my disclaimers, is that these springs are well worth the money, at a fraction of the cost of some of the "brand-named" lowering springs out there, and appear to be of the same quality.

If you're looking for a subtle drop, around 1", and don't want to spend a ton of money, I would recommend picking up a set of these.

Before and after shots shown below.

chin_splitters (1).jpg lowering_springs (9).jpg

1 - 2 of 2 Posts