Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
As above. The owner's manual has a huge "87" printed on the appropriate page letting you know that you can use it, and then below buried in regular print it states that if you want better performance to use 91 or higher.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Man wish we could still get 98 or 100 here in the states. I remember back when Sunoco stations were prevalent, and you could get 100 readily. We used to have a local station here that sold 100 race fuel out of the pump, but it is long gone.
BD
Note, Horcy1 is in Australia, where octane is calculate differently. The 98 RON octane that he refers to is equivalent to 93 in North America.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
i run a minimum of 91 but i usually fill with 94 but its hard to find anything above 91 up in canada. i fill up at a gas station 30 mins away from my house because they sell 94 without ethanol
I actually have a Petrocan (ex Sunoco) near me that still sells 94. Never put it in. I run 91 (I ran 93 at the outset of covid when it dropped to something around a buck a litre) because its ethanol free and being stock the car is happy on it.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I haven't seen a Sunoco station in the southeast USA in many many years, I know there are still some out there. Yes, pre covid 93 was under 2 bucks a gallon here till the two pipelines got shutdown. Wish we had ethanol free high test prevalent here now but only 87 is prevalent.

BD
Yeah, Suncor bought Petro-Canada in 2010, and all the Sunoco stations were converted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.