Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Product Gadget Audio equipment Material property Gas

I believe I can fix P0135 by replacing the upper o2 sensor on the downpipe and for the P0443 by replacing the purge valve. Please ignore the U0284 I removed the grill shutter. What about the other codes though are they something I should be concerned about and how do I fix them?

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
I've had multiple DTCs twice. First time it was caused by a blown fuse, second time it was due to a pinched wire.
Look for a common circuit, connector, wire, etc. for codes P0010, P0013, P0135, P0141, P0443, and P0446 and if you don't have repair manual, get one! This is what I use:
Peripheral Input device World Computer keyboard Font

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
I would contact Adam and let him know.

The purge valve stuff very well maybe the purge valve. I actually just recently replaced mine for the SECOND time so it is a point of failure. That may take care of P0443 and 446. There’s an easy check for the purge valve by unclipping the power, disconnecting the hose to the fuel tank and then checking for a vacuum while the car is idling. Vacuum yes, then valve bad.

But in the case of the exhaust stuff. I suppose it could be related to the upstream 02 sensor? Did you change it or keep the original when you put in your cat? I don’t see a lot of people come on here complaining about 02 sensor failure but it can happen.

Did you use a spacer on your downstream sensor??

Lastly, are there any other “engine symptoms” that lets you know that something is off or does it purr?

if it purrs, I’d try clearing them out and see what returns.

good luck. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

The purge valve stuff very well maybe the purge valve. I actually just recently replaced mine for the SECOND time so it is a point of failure. That may take care of P0443 and 446. There’s an easy check for the purge valve by unclipping the power, disconnecting the hose to the fuel tank and then checking for a vacuum while the car is idling. Vacuum yes, then valve bad.

But in the case of the exhaust stuff. I suppose it could be related to the upstream 02 sensor? Did you change it or keep the original when you put in your cat? I don’t see a lot of people come on here complaining about 02 sensor failure but it can happen.

Lastly, are there any other “engine symptoms” that lets you know that something is off or does it purr?

I have already replaced the purge valve once after I bought the car but for the o2 sensor I used the same one I had after installing catless DP. As for the downstream o2 sensor I'm not sure if I used a spacer is that recommended for a catless DP? Also what do you mean by does my car purr do you need a video of my car starting or just idling?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I unplugged the hose and the electric plug after that I could feel a slight vacuum that was not enough for my finger to get stuck.
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Automotive design

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
I have already replaced the purge valve once after I bought the car but for the o2 sensor I used the same one I had after installing catless DP. As for the downstream o2 sensor I'm not sure if I used a spacer is that recommended for a catless DP? Also what do you mean by does my car purr do you need a video of my car starting or just idling?
Yes. For a catless DP, you should use a spacer for the downstream sensor. It, THEORETICALLY, shouldn't affect your AFR's, because all its doing is judging how well your cat is cleaning emissions, but it couldn't hurt. I'm sure Adam would "Bah! humbug" it. Just food for thought if things persist after you've tried others.

"Does the car purr?" means does it seem like the engine is performing as expected or better at all RPMs? That might be a 'me' thing so sorry for the confusion.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
I unplugged the hose and the electric plug after that I could feel a slight vacuum that was not enough for my finger to get stuck.
View attachment 43734
Eh. Tough to say. The times I've tested it myself I can remember the vaccum so strong that my finger did get stuck, but as far as I know, you SHOULDN'T feel any vaccuum there. It's a $50 part from rockauto that could be an easy remedy for those codes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes. For a catless DP, you should use a spacer for the downstream sensor. It, THEORETICALLY, shouldn't affect your AFR's, because all its doing is judging how well your cat is cleaning emissions, but it couldn't hurt. I'm sure Adam would "Bah! humbug" it. Just food for thought if things persist after you've tried others.

"Does the car purr?" means does it seem like the engine is performing as expected or better at all RPMs? That might be a 'me' thing so sorry for the confusion.
I'm not sure if that counts as a spacer. I tested my upper o2 sensor ,using this video (
), and the sensor doesn't send out any voltage with the car running.
Automotive tire Wood Automotive exterior Fender Synthetic rubber

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Eh. Tough to say. The times I've tested it myself I can remember the vaccum so strong that my finger did get stuck, but as far as I know, you SHOULDN'T feel any vaccuum there. It's a $50 part from rockauto that could be an easy remedy for those codes.
I just bought the purge valve and upper o2 sensor from them. Thank you for telling me about that site I would have ended up spending more money trying to buy parts from a ford dealer.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Yeah. That’s absolutely fine as a spacer.

I think you might be on it if you found the upper O2 sensor not sending out voltage.

Rockauto is fantastic. They are usually quick with delivery too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah. That’s absolutely fine as a spacer.

I think you might be on it if you found the upper O2 sensor not sending out voltage.

Rockauto is fantastic. They are usually quick with delivery too.
I finally replaced the purge valve but the code P0443 & P0446 did not go away so do you think it is a fuse that is causing the code?

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
I finally replaced the purge valve but the code P0443 & P0446 did not go away so do you think it is a fuse that is causing the code?
You may want to double check the system for leakage. Sometimes they are very small and hard to find, but worth rechecking.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Did you clear the codes out? I believe the last time I had those codes, I had to "clear" them out; and once I did that, they did not return.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts