Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my ecobost motor went boom after 3 weeks of owning and now im trying to swap an engine in there I wanted to do a built ecobost motor but now I was thinknig since the V6 motor seems cheaper how could i go about swaping to v6 and then turboing . im still highly just considering built ecobost but wanted to get some info on the posibility of a v6swap

Seems like V6 motors are not selling that expensive, forgive me if im looking at the wrong site if so which are the best sites to buy an engine from with warranty?
its less then 2K on these sites meaning i could use the rest of the money

vs the massive job to 5k for an ecoboost motor

·
Registered
2019 EcoBoost performance package
245 Posts
The 3.7 doesn't handle boost well in my experience. The limit seems to be about 8lbs of boost. I tried to turbo mine and after losing engine #3 I pulled the turbo off. I sold the kit to another guy and warned him about the boost level - he tried to go 10 and found out that the warning was real.

Lots of people running the ProCharger on it though with success.

·
Administrator
3,795 Posts
If you're wanting to go Turbo V6, why not get one that's already designed for it? LKQ Online

Then you'd be able to pump that up and get a REAL beast...

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
If your just looking for a cheap motor, just to get your mustang back on the road. I've seen first generation 2.0 turbo motors priced at $500. Not sure what modifications your need to make, maybe someone else can answer that question for us!? Then you can build your existing 2.3 motor as your budget allows.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts