Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

41 - 60 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Maybe I missed it in this thread, but how do you disconnect the harness? I tried today so I could check the part number but couldn't budge it. Is there a release tab?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Yep, on the underside you push in a tab to allow the connector to slide back.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
177 Posts
Yeah, it took me a few tries to find the release, but it pops off easily once you figure out where to push on it. It's a simple squeeze and pull.
Yep, on the underside you push in a tab to allow the connector to slide back.

Thanks, started raining today so I will have to wait until weather breaks and give it a try again. I figured that there had to be a release tab that I wasn't seeing on top or feeling underneath.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Easy peasy. Took me more time to remove my engine cover than it did swapping out the sensor. (My engine cover is painted and I was doing a just in case I had some fuel spray.) Zero spray. Got two small drips when I unscrewed the old sensor out and removed it. 12mm open end and a 24mm socket. Taking the engine cover out of the equation; we're talking under two minutes fellas.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Somebody over at M6G said his threads were galled cuz they were stainless, and stripped even though he used the 12 mm wrench to hold the line. I think I'll spray some break-free on mine before I mess with it, just in case.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I was curious so I looked at the 18 I just bought, and it has the BA version. I was surprised....when did this change take place? My car was assembled 12/17.

·
Registered
634 Posts
At least 12/17 + one day. I wonder if this is super recent info coming out. Initially some folks thought it applied only to the 2015 but you are the first 2018 model I've heard of with it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
My 2018 has the old sensor too, not sure when the car was assembled though.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
I am finding this issue interesting. Since the sensor is still carrying the same part number on cars built in 2018 as it did in 15 it is obvious the change in the last two digits on the after market Motorcraft ones does not signify a design change in the sensor. The CA likely signifies the Motorcraft is sourcing the sensor from a different supplier than the factory does.

And I can't see how a recall for a fuel leak can be construed to an electrical failure of the sensor, two totally unrelated issues.

Dave

·
Registered
46 Posts
I am finding this issue interesting. Since the sensor is still carrying the same part number on cars built in 2018 as it did in 15 it is obvious the change in the last two digits on the after market Motorcraft ones does not signify a design change in the sensor. The CA likely signifies the Motorcraft is sourcing the sensor from a different supplier than the factory does.

And I can't see how a recall for a fuel leak can be construed to an electrical failure of the sensor, two totally unrelated issues.

Dave
Or maybe there were two separate quality issues with the BA version that have been solved. That would eliminate the need for a design revision.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
What two issues? There was a recall on some 15's because the sensor wasn't installed correctly which doesn't indicate there was an issue with the sensor. And very small number of sensors failures that would appear to be within the realm of a normal failure rate which also doesn't indicate a quality issue with the sensor.

Dave

·
Registered
634 Posts
The 'BA' and the 'CA' sensor are physically different. There is a small pin hole, who knows what it's for on the 'CA' unit. I saw this on mine when I compared prior to install and others online note the same difference. Not that anyone knows what that hole does or is for but that alone makes me think that it's more than a quality control issue.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
This type of sensor measures pressure in relation to atmospheric pressure (gauge pressure) requiring the back side of the sensing element to be referenced to atmosphere, hence the vent hole. The BA has a way of providing the same vent that may not be as apparent.

This difference and the fact the the cars are still coming from the factory with the BA sensor gives even more credibility to the BA and CA meaning they come from different suppliers.

A lot of parts on your car when it leaves the factory are not the same as the replacement parts you get from the dealer parts department. The most obvious is the oil filter. The factory filters are marked FoMoCo and have a different part number than the replacement filters from Motorcraft and the construction is very different.

I think you guys are kidding yourself if you are thinking that the Motorcraft fuel pressure sensor is some how superior to the one delivered on the car from the factory.

Dave

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, new here. Decided to reinstall my cobb accessport and see what mine says. I had taken it off because I was driving cross country this last winter and just felt safer without it, IDK. So I got it up and running and my Lowside FP Actual is just stuck on 0. Went ahead and ordered the new sensor I hope this fixes that! I tend to baby my car so I havent noticed any performance issues but after installing my cobb tuner and doing a couple pulls it does seem to build boost slowly. Hope this fixes it! I always worry about becoming an Ecoboom

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Mines done, easy 5 minute job.
Hand tightened the new one down until I couldn't turn any further then used the wrench and ratchet and gave it a gentle uga duga.
The old one came out easy, threads were perfect, little bit of a "fsssht" of pressure and some fuel trickled out, had a shop rag under to catch it.
I'll check a couple times over the next few days to make sure it doesn't start backing out of the threads, I tightened it very gently.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Just got mine in the mail today, hope to put it in this afternoon.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Well, that was anti-climactic. Such an easy swap that I'm almost disappointed. Unplug, unscrew, replace. Hardly spilled a drop of fuel, and it fired right up with no leaks.

41 - 60 of 102 Posts