Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon. Looking for advice. I have a 2016 Eco with Sync 3.0. Trying to do a software upgrade via WiFi and it's not updating. Solid WiFi signal. The purpose originally was to get the Android Auto linked in. This is the weird part... I show Software version 1.0 Gracenote Version 1.1.1.615. I have auto software updates On. But the part that's getting me is Last Checked for Updates10/31/2002 1:59:43 pm.

How can the last checked be 14 years before the car was made? I've tried a soft reset and even a master reset (twice) and the only thing that changed was the Last Checked now updated to 11/01/2002.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Very few people have had any luck getting Sync3 to update via WiFi. You will need to go to the Sync site and down load the update to your computer, transfer it to a USB stick and take it to your car to update.

Or better yet, go to CyanLabs.net and down load their SyncUpdater software. It will down load the latest Sync3 version, format a USB stick and properly configure the update on the USB stick. Also, Ford will not allow the Sync3 system in your 2016 to go beyond version 3.0. CyanLabs Updater will reformat the memory in your system so that you can install the latest 3.4 version.

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 ecoboost premium
92 Posts
Very few people have had any luck getting Sync3 to update via WiFi. You will need to go to the Sync site and down load the update to your computer, transfer it to a USB stick and take it to your car to update.

Or better yet, go to CyanLabs.net and down load their SyncUpdater software. It will down load the latest Sync3 version, format a USB stick and properly configure the update on the USB stick. Also, Ford will not allow the Sync3 system in your 2016 to go beyond version 3.0. CyanLabs Updater will reformat the memory in your system so that you can install the latest 3.4 version.

is there any reason to do this if your in apple carplay all the time? I have seen that updater and its cool we can update it further but personally my car is always doing apple carplay.

Also for darthwarduke this is the link to update the car manually officially from ford its what i used to update the car. but i would by lieing if i said it went smoothly. i had an issue where the update failed half way and my stereo lost a bunch of features. found a guide on splitting the update and that worked to get me to sync 3.0 and make my apple carplay usb port work

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I tried going to the CyanLabs page and its kinda all over. Trying to get the download versus their links for Zip, Chrome, etc on the pages.

I did try the Ford.com page for Sync but once it said just downloading for over a half hour and then said not enough space.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
I tried going to the CyanLabs page and its kinda all over. Trying to get the download versus their links for Zip, Chrome, etc on the pages.

I did try the Ford.com page for Sync but once it said just downloading for over a half hour and then said not enough space.
The Cyanlabs.net web page is pretty straight forward, there are a lot of adds but that is there price you pay for the Updater being free. Go to the web page, click on the menu icon and select applications. The Sync3Updater will be the first on the list, select it then scroll about 1/2 way down the page for downloads. Select the Sync3Updater Installer and it will down load. Install it on your PC. The actual software is fairly intuitive.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just to follow up i tried both downloads. The upgrade failed. Once it was stuck on uploading and next Not Enough Space. Talked to one tech and he said the software needs reloaded at the dealer because its not doing the auto update either and the Last Software Update date shows November 8th 2002?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts