Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey folks just like to share my current project for my baby 2019 Ecoboost Premium (w/ ActiveExhaust, Smart&Safe, B&O audio packages). For now, I'm looking to have a better handling car sticking with Ford Performance upgrades to keep it warranty friendly for as long as possible since I opt-in for the extended warranty...

Here's the list of performance parts I already ordered/have at home:

• Ford Racing M-9603-M4C - EcoBoost Performance Calibration Kit
  • Ford Racing M-FR3A-M8A - Track Handling Pack
  • Ford Racing M-3075-F - Lower Control Arm Upgrade Kit - (recommended for the handling pack)

** I also recently got an almost brand new set of 19's with the Pirellis PS4 that comes with the GT Performance Pack
in addition to the 6 piston Brembo front brakes (callipers, rotors) to vastly improve braking/fading performance (link).

Now I do need decide which brake improvement to get for the rear (if any) because it is not entirely clear what's the difference in the brakes if any for the 2019 because this rear brake kit seems to be targeted to 2015-2017 Mustangs? 2015-2017 MUSTANG REAR BRAKE KIT

Since I heard of some heating issues with folks with running non-PerformancePack Ecoboosts in the track, I'm also seriously considering getting the GTPP/350 radiator since initial research suggests it should fit (will FordPerformance to confirm)... I Was also looking for some engine oil cooler but can't find anything OEM/FordPerformance for the Ecoboost... 2015-2019 MUSTANG GT 5.0L PERFORMANCE GT350 RADIATOR

Edit: Realized the GT350 radiator might not fit so I should consider the EB PP radiator instead? Radiator and fan swap from 5.0 Stang

I'm planning to get all of this dealer-installed in the next couple of weeks... so more picture and feedback to come as well as some minor cosmetic mods :)
Mo

·
Registered
80 Posts
I've never had an issue with the stock radiator running mine hard the stock intercooler was always my choke point after a good pull. My first investment would be an oil catch can especially if you plan to run it on the track from time to time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks @gatornek and @Airforcekid! In that case I probably should stick with the OEM radiator, mainly since I'm Canada and we don't get many days over 100F :)

Speaking of the intercooler I would like to upgrade it too but I don't see one from Ford Performance so I'm a bit worried about warranty issues with Ford... any thoughts on that?

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
In short....NO....adding an intercooler should not affect your warranty, anymore than swapping the radiator. I'm not 100% certain of the laws in Canada regarding warranty, but in US the dealer must be able to prove that the modification caused the failure. Unfortunately, however, this is sometimes easily done, depending on the mod. For example, a tune is an easy culprit. This is why the warrantied Ford Performance tune (which I also have) is a nice pickup. And its also very hard to fight what you might feel is a wrong determination by a dealer unless you have unfettered access to a lawyer. So the general consensus is always, "mod at your own risk". All that being said, an intercooler is a VERY SAFE modification to make that should not cause you any problems.

For further discussion on warranties, I urge you to comb through these two threads.
Who worries about what mods will do to their warranty?
Warranty

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thanks @gatornek and @Airforcekid! In that case I probably should stick with the OEM radiator, mainly since I'm Canada and we don't get many days over 100F :)

Speaking of the intercooler I would like to upgrade it too but I don't see one from Ford Performance so I'm a bit worried about warranty issues with Ford... any thoughts on that?
I don't really see how they could deny a claim because of the intercooler especially a stock replacement one like Mishimoto. The racing ones could theoretically introduce issues but I haven't heard of any.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok so car is at the dealership getting the mods installed... To note the M-FR3A-M8A (track handling kit) comes in two big boxes, and in my case they were delivered one week apart when the 2nd one arrived yesterday evening after my dealership called me telling there were missing parts in my kit lol

In the meantime, I notice the handling kit does not include a strut tower brace and realizing I should def get one I ended up buying the STB from the 350R FordPerformance. Pricey, and I could get away with the OEM STB from the GT but hey at least I'll have something shiny to show in the engine bay :)

Will provide pictures and feedback on the car as soon as I get it back, hopefully later today :)

And btw, a few pictures of my baby pretty much OEM:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was hoping washing the car before posting a picture here but I ended up not having the time and wash was closed and it was dark, still the gentle drop is visible :)

The car feels SO MUCH better. Massive reduction in body roll and that "boat" feeling you get with more spirited driving im non-PP cars is gone.

Wife is not a car enthusiast and she barely could tell the difference getting in and out and in harshness (except in bad roads you can feel more of course) and I feel confident I won't have clearance issues or things like that.
Anyways I could go on and on on how much better it is but it's probably easier to just say that I pretty much confirm the opinions of other S550 owners that did the mod :)

The FP Tune is also pretty good. The car feels faster and more alive. It's just too bad I couldn't test it out properly with snow tires and wet roads :(

Looking forward to the spring. Vaccination and summer tires 😄

1 - 8 of 8 Posts