Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I made these on my cnc, They require you to drill 4 small holes through the cover to secure the plate.
Mounting hardware included and your choice of the 3 plates. 2.3T / Pony / EcoBoost
They will ship out usps priority and shipping is included in the 48 states.
Machined from 6061-T6 and is fully machined
$30 shipped to the 48! (price is updated)

instructions:
remove engine cover
pace plate on cover backwards or protect with painters tape
drill #27 holes 4 places
clean up holes and drill shavings
install cover with supplied 4 bolts
reinstall cover
enjoy the awesomeness that is no longer neglected under your hood.

pm me for paypal

enjoy

Attachments

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
EVERY NICE!...Do you ship to Australia?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can but please understand shipping is 36 dollars. 1 lb from wa state to Austrailia…. 35 +35 seems very out of realistic for this part, your call. maybe set up a group buy with some locals to save on shipping... I can put up to 4 pounds in the box for that cost so figure 6-8 plates? or just one?

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Yep, that is not cheap... Works out to $100 (Australian dollars on current conversion rate). :(

·
Registered
137 Posts
I made these on my cnc, They require you to drill 4 small holes through the cover to secure the plate.
Mounting hardware included and your choice of the 3 plates. 2.3T / Pony / EcoBoost
They will ship out usps priority and shipping is included in the 48 states.
Machined from 6061-T6 and is fully machined

instructions:
remove engine cover
pace plate on cover backwards or protect with painters tape
drill #27 holes 4 places
clean up holes and drill shavings
install cover with supplied 4 bolts
reinstall cover
enjoy the awesomeness that is no longer neglected under your hood.

pm me for paypal

enjoy
Great work! Very creative

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Outstanding! Now I have to figure out which one I want. Decisions......
My order of preference would be;

First... Pony
Second... 2.3T
Third... Ecoboost

In fact, I'd place a bet that the most quantities sold will be in that order. :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think you may be right on the order. The Pony took me the longest and actually takes the longest to machine.
The 2.3T I tried to make look like my 3.5 logo and the 6.2L logo... I think it turned out great. I like the 2.3T logo the best but the loyalty towards the pony may prevail.
thank you for the comments!

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
For $30 that is an excellent custom piece that not many people will have. Done. Please send me the pony also!!

I thought about the 2.3T long (I've never been too big a fan of the term 'ecoboost') as a decorative way of identifying the engine when the hood goes up. While at Cars & Coffee this morning, I was thinking it was nice when the engine was ID'd with the size. But looking at the pony. I..its more of a work of art. Its so nice.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
I thought about the 2.3T long (I've never been too big a fan of the term 'ecoboost') as a decorative way of identifying the engine when the hood goes up.
Now if only Ford had called the Ecoboost the 'SVO' instead... The 'Eco' part of the Ecoboost name is not something one wants to associate with a Mustang or 'muscle car' :)

That is the one marketing mistake I think Ford and the Mustang design team made in hindsight IMO.

I'm sure Ford would have sold far more 2015+ turbo Mustangs if they had revived the mighty SVO badge continuing that heritage.

·
Registered
861 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have some things to do over the next day or so but I will make an SVO model and run out 2-3 of them I think the font I used for the 2.3T will be good and then trace the outside of the letters so it looks like the 2.3T style and more like the 85-86 mustang emblem.
I will toss them up on ebay when they are done...should be right after x-mas.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm in for an SVO one as well! Could you send me an image file as well of your final logo design once you're done? I have a vinyl cutter and can whip up some rear fender decals to match the under hood logo for anyone who wants them in any color, just pay for the vinyl itself ($1) plus shipping. Already got some of my own SVO decals made up but I'd love to have all the fonts matchy matchy. I could also make them for the quarter panel size if desired but the original SVO had the factory SVO decals on the trunk lip, I prefer this location personally as it's different than everyone else.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I would like one with the "2.3T". Not sure how to PM you.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts