Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
I just spent about 2 hours trying to cad up the SVO, I gave up. I need to find the font. drawing the emblem off a pic just sucks. I will keep working on this but nothing today. I took the pics of the SVO fonts out there and tried to trace them... could not get it smooth enough to look right. The fonts I have don't match but maybe somebody can post a pic of what they are wanting. Maybe I am thinking of the wrong emblem.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Have you thought about expanding your range to include small fender, trunk and dash badges?
The SVO, Pony And 2.3T would go well!

Reactions: Hampton CIT

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
that is the other style. basically the italicized and shadowed. How would you feel about pocketing out just the shadow? not sure how it would look though.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yeah that's actually the decal I have now as well, but was going to change them out to match this new piece. Hmm, PM'd.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Question for you...
Would you recommend applying any clearcoat or other coating on the bare Aluminium emblems once installed, to stop it tarnishing or oxidizing as aluminium tends to do?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I wouldn't but that's me. I have a cover I made for my ecoboost truck I ran on my graining belt so it is has that brushed finish that has been ridding around for over a year and if I clean it with soap and water it is fine again and all shiny. I even pained the F-150 pockets with simple krylon paint. It is raining but tomorrow I will post a pic of it just to show what I am talking about.... and puddles seem to find me for some reason :) so it is always getting muddy in the bay on my truck.
Now, with that said, if you use anything other than soap and water it would not hurt to put clear on them as they are not anodized. IF you get a little tarnish on them or spots that are stubborn because you went elbow deep with oven cleaner then I would suggest using that blue mothers paste. It does wonders with aluminum and very little effort.

·
Registered
634 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts

Looking forward to under the hood matching my exterior theme here.

Reactions: ZStang

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Hey Gatornek, ever have a vision for an idea and then actually see it come to fruition? well your pic was one of those moments for me just now. thank you for sharing indeed.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Hey Gatornek, ever have a vision for an idea and then actually see it come to fruition? well your pic was one of those moments for me just now. thank you for sharing indeed.
FWIW, you would think I could take something as having the correct screws and bolts packaged in with the product, for granted. At least that would be "old school" thinking. But alas, nowadays, I must come clean that it all worked beautifully together and am thankful that I didn't have to go "fishing" for hardware. Thank you!! The piece looks beautiful. Unfortunately, all its gonna get me to do is spend more money on "dressing up" the engine further. ;) I think it makes a great centerpiece.

21 - 40 of 78 Posts