Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I made these on my cnc, They require you to drill 4 small holes through the cover to secure the plate.
Mounting hardware included and your choice of the 3 plates. 2.3T / Pony / EcoBoost
They will ship out usps priority and shipping is included in the 48 states.
Machined from 6061-T6 and is fully machined
$30 shipped to the 48! (price is updated)

instructions:
remove engine cover
pace plate on cover backwards or protect with painters tape
drill #27 holes 4 places
clean up holes and drill shavings
install cover with supplied 4 bolts
reinstall cover
enjoy the awesomeness that is no longer neglected under your hood.

pm me for paypalenjoy

I'm just curious, instead of drilling holes in my plenum cover, would it stick with just 3M double-sided tape?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
You could but there will still be holes in them. I guess you could open the holes to the next size thread and then get real short bolts and go with 3m tape. The reason I went with the holes and bolts was because I did not want this falling off after 10,000 miles and finding its way into your fan or belts. You can buy replacement covers on ebay for 65 bucks.
I have these listed on ebay… 4 styles now.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
I would not trust 3M tape on the ABS plastic cover holding that metal emblem with the engine bay heat and changes in temperature.
If by some freak chance it falls off while you are doing 5,000 rpms and it gets wedged between the pulleys and belt.... It's goodbye engine. :(
Drill the holes and be safe rather than sorry. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I made these on my cnc, They require you to drill 4 small holes through the cover to secure the plate.
Mounting hardware included and your choice of the 3 plates. 2.3T / Pony / EcoBoost
They will ship out usps priority and shipping is included in the 48 states.
Machined from 6061-T6 and is fully machined
$30 shipped to the 48! (price is updated)

instructions:
remove engine cover
pace plate on cover backwards or protect with painters tape
drill #27 holes 4 places
clean up holes and drill shavings
install cover with supplied 4 bolts
reinstall cover
enjoy the awesomeness that is no longer neglected under your hood.

pm me for paypal

enjoy

·
Registered
6 Posts
he hasn’t been in here in the last 5 months I believe he has an ebay account that he was selling them thru in case he doesn’t respond to you in this forum.
Thanks OITexastang. I have 2018 also wondering if I have to replace the whole grille or can I add the pony in coral with other chrome pieces?

·
Super Moderator
3,611 Posts
Thanks OITexastang. I have 2018 also wondering if I have to replace the whole grille or can I add the pony in coral with other chrome pieces?
You may want to start a new thread for this question. I can't answer it since my car is a '17.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
I know this is an old thread, was interested in doing this as well. How did you apply the black paint to your pony? And how is the emblem holding up?
Michael's Art Supplies. Small bottle of metallic paint (color of your choice). Fine (but not too fine) tip paint brush. Have a paper towel and alcohol on hand. Dab up the paint real good on the brush and simply trace it over the etches. Don't worry about being precise, worry only about getting a good amount of paint in the crevasses. The alcohol will do the rest when you wipe it down immediately afterwards. In fact, be generous with the paint. DO NOT worry about smearing. I ended up having to do it twice because I was trying to be too precise the first time around and it didn't come out as vivid as I wanted it too. Get that paint in there, then the wipe down will do the rest.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Michael's Art Supplies. Small bottle of metallic paint (color of your choice). Fine (but not too fine) tip paint brush. Have a paper towel and alcohol on hand. Dab up the paint real good on the brush and simply trace it over the etches. Don't worry about being precise, worry only about getting a good amount of paint in the crevasses. The alcohol will do the rest when you wipe it down immediately afterwards. In fact, be generous with the paint. DO NOT worry about smearing. I ended up having to do it twice because I was trying to be too precise the first time around and it didn't come out as vivid as I wanted it too. Get that paint in there, then the wipe down will do the rest.
Thanks so much for the detailed instructions! Yours looks awesome, hopefully I will have a similar result. Off to Michael's! Thanks again gatornek!

61 - 78 of 78 Posts