Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So my car is leaking coolant from around the heater core and as well as the right right of the bay... it only leaks while running so I took it to the shop and they pressure tested it but they can’t find the leak! UPDATE*** my shop couldn’t find it so I have to take it to the dealer, hopefully my power train warranty will help ...

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
Can you post up some photos of the leak?

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Those watermarks are underneath an area on the block that is prone to hairline cracks that seep coolant while running but it is not normally an issue for builds under 400hp.
There are coolant lines running to the turbo that create a possible leak and a main coolant line that runs from the radiator to the back of the motor on that side.

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those watermarks are underneath an area on the block that is prone to hairline cracks that seep coolant while running but it is not normally an issue for builds under 400hp.
There are coolant lines running to the turbo that create a possible leak and a main coolant line that runs from the radiator to the back of the motor on that side.

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk
I see, the dealer can’t see it until nov 3rd, I’m very very nervous, I have a power train warranty hope it helps...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I see, the dealer can’t see it until nov 3rd, I’m very very nervous, I have a power train warranty hope it helps...
I have a very similar issue with my eco. We're you able to diagnose the problem. I was thinking I need a new coolant hose.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts