Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello 馃憢

Have Ecoboost mustang 2018 base model and we all know the factory speakers are bad, i upgraded the main speakers on both doors with Pioneer 300W and have to say there is much difference now looking to replace rare speakers and want recommendations on type and wattage and if i can buy bigger size if possible.

Thanks 馃憤馃徎

Registered
2017 PP MT DD
Hertz DCX160.3 DIECI in the rear.

Registered
I thought the front end of my '18 sounded (sounds) good enough...but the rear...so awful I went to the dealer. They put me in another car to show me my car wasn't defective, they all suck. Of course they'd never actually say that.

So I did some mimimal research and got some relatively cheap Rockford Fosgates ... R1675-S 4 ohm. From Crutchfield, so they came with whatever extras I might need so I wouldn't have to fiddle-^%$# with fabbing something up. As I recall, I still had to do some modifications, so Crutchfield lost some cred with their BS "yes it fits." Anyway, they sound great, and more than meet my needs.

Given you put Pioneers up front, why wouldn't you put a matching set of Pioneers in the rear? If I ever replace the fronts I won't be mixing and matching.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts