Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Vendor
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

If you are looking to unlock more power from your Ecoboost Mustang, look no further.

This graph from ATP Turbo says it all...

Check out how much more area under the curve you get from a downpipe and a stage 1 OTS Cobb Map!

ATP Downpipe Dyno Chart

The increase on the top end is huge!! So which one to pick?

We have three manufacturers to choose from.

ATP Turbo
cp-e
Ultimate Racing

ATP Turbo

ATP Turbo Downpipe Full Modular - $408.49
ATP Turbo Downpipe Modular Exhaust - $360.99
ATP Turbo Downpipe Standard Fitment - $313.49

The Full Modular Downpipe is an excellent option for anyone looking to upgrade their turbo in the future. It is direct bolt on for stock turbo and stock cat back but the rear V-band transition allows easy install and provides for an easy solution when upgrading to a full 3" cat back. The upper portion of the downpipe is connected by v-band as well and will allow for upgrading to a v-band discharge turbo with minimal fab work. This is the downpipe that plans for the future!

The Modular Exhaust Downpipe is a hybrid between the Full Modular and the Standard Fitment. It has the v-band lower section that allows for the easy upgrade to a full 3" cat back, but the flange that connects to the OE turbo is fixed in place.

The Standard Fitment Downpipe is fixed at both ends for stock cat back and turbo.

http://www.edgeautosport.com/manufa...-standard-fitment-ford-mustang-ecoboost-2015/

(all ATP turbo downpipes are catless)

Custom Performance Engeineering (cp-e)

cp-e QKspl Downpipe CATLESS - $474.99
cp-e QKspl Downpipe Catted - $617.49

The cp-e Catless DP will make for a beautiful addition to your engine bay! It has a Titanium finish that that gives a clean uniform look and it comes with with both a stock and a 3" flange adapter to fit to any catback. All flanges are laser cut and it features an extra O2 bung for the addition of a wide band AFR gauge. The catless option also comes with a Smart O2 Simulator so you won't throw any cels.

The cp-e Catted Downpipe features a high flow metalic Honeycomb Catalytic Converter.

Ultimate Racing

Ultimate Racing 3" Downpipe - $379.05
Ultimate Racing 3" Downpipe High Flow Ceramic Cat - $479.05
Ultimate Racing 3" Downpipe High Flow Metalic Cat - $529.05

The Ultimate Racing 3" Downpipe is another great solution to added power and torque on your Ecoboost Mustang. It is a direct replacement for the restrictive OEM unit. Full stainless construction for quality that lasts! You can also choose to add an extra O2 bung for $25.

Click on any of the pictures or links to read more about these items on our site or to purchase!

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
So which one would work best for the stock system(with a cat)

·
Vendor
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So which one would work best for the stock system(with a cat)
Well it depends on how strict your emissions testing is. I personally prefer catless downpipes as they allow more flow, but the high flow cats in these aftermarket downpipes are still very good!

cp-e's fit and finish is the best hands down. The Titanium coat they use just makes it look better and hold up to elements better as well. They are all stainless and will not rust, but even stainless shows wear. cp-e
s will just wear less. Also the fact that it has the adapter for stock cat back as well as a 3" after market cat back is a huge plus.

ATP's option has the adapter as well depending on which one you get. I definitely recommend getting at least the modular downpipe if you do this so you can change out the adapter piece that connects to the cat back should you upgrade later on. ATP also offers the best price point.

Ultimate Racing is also a good price, but my personal preference would be either ATP or cp-e.

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
Well it depends on how strict your emissions testing is
As long as it doesn't throw the check engine light I'm fine with emission. The plan for a exhaust is the single exhaust kit you guys sell so I guess which downpipe would work best with that.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
104 Posts
+1 for CPE. They definitely make some of the highest quality aftermarket parts but you have to pay $$$. Single exit resonated exhaust with a hi flow cat will be a great setup. I can't wait to get a sound clip :cool:

·
Vendor
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As long as it doesn't throw the check engine light I'm fine with emission. The plan for a exhaust is the single exhaust kit you guys sell so I guess which downpipe would work best with that.
Thanks in advance
If you are going for the UR Cat back, I would imaging the UR Downpipe would fit with it the best. cp-e typically design their downpipes very well and they are capable of fitting just fine to most other cat back options.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.