Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I for one am pretty excited to hear about the EcoBoost Mustang. An affordable (?) rear-wheel driven, turbocharged Mustang that competes both in performance, est 310hp, and fuel economy. The EcoBoost Mustang is currently rumored to get an estimated 34mpg. Ford has done some fantastic engineering with their current EcoBoost vehicle lineup. To continue the Mustang heritage with fuel economy and performance in mind is another step in the right direction.

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
That's impressive and actually 2mpg over what 2.0l ecoboost motor in the Focus ST puts out. 300+Hp and over 30mpgs That's a winning formula for success IMHO!

·
Registered
18 Posts
300+ hp mid 30s mpg rwd manual mustang sounds like a winning formula. Not to mention this will be the best looking base model Mustang ever. Ford will be bringing in a whole new crowd with the ecoboost and irs. What i have seen so far in these new S550 forums is alot of non Ford guys. There is a ton of import road racing guys. With the ecoboost I think Ford will steal alot of WRX, FRS, Genesis coupe buyers. There is alot of BMW guys looking at them too. The new GT could be getting alot of M3 buyers. I just hope Ford keeps the prices reasonable and the IRS doesn't kill the drag racing crowd.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I for one am pretty excited to hear about the EcoBoost Mustang. An affordable (?) rear-wheel driven, turbocharged Mustang that competes both in performance, est 310hp, and fuel economy. The EcoBoost Mustang is currently rumored to get an estimated 34mpg. Ford has done some fantastic engineering with their current EcoBoost vehicle lineup. To continue the Mustang heritage with fuel economy and performance in mind is another step in the right direction.

MILEAGE UPDATE-
The actual finished production car REALLY GETS BEYOND 37 MPG HIGHWAY !
At only 1K miles...
IMAGINE when it is fully broken in !!!!

PS- I clocked 37 plus AVERAGE MPG w. 2 people on board, the weight of a full tank- on a straight 75 mile, 60 mph run along Interstate 195 in MA heading to the TASCA Ford show- while my odom. was only striking 1,000 miles !

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
You are correct. However, please refrain from posting marketing blurbs written by committee as if you were a normal poster. Of course, if this is the way you actually express yourself...I take back what I said with apologies. By the way the 34 MPG hwy is actual and not a rumor.

·
Registered
173 Posts
My normal daily traffic/traffic jam drive is MPG 21+-
I however did get 34.5 MPG on a trip 120mi at 71 MPH avg. I reset everything on my trip/fuel as soon as I got on the freeway no traffic jams and smooth sailing but no fun accelerating either.
I was just trying to see the best mileage I could get.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
The EPA rating for the Ecoboost is:

6 spd man. 22/26/31

6 spd auto. 21/25/32

I have 14k miles on my 6spd man Premium with Performance Package. I can easily get 32 mpg on the highway. On my 50 mile round trip suburban commute where I average about 40 mpg and there are 7 traffic lights that 1/2 are hit green I have seen 37 mpg driving it like I have and egg between my foot and and the gas. But, I typically see about 31-32 and wind up with a 28-29 mpg average for a tank.

·
Registered
271 Posts
My normal daily traffic/traffic jam drive is MPG 21+-
I however did get 34.5 MPG on a trip 120mi at 71 MPH avg. I reset everything on my trip/fuel as soon as I got on the freeway no traffic jams and smooth sailing but no fun accelerating either.
I was just trying to see the best mileage I could get.

SSImpala,

Sounds perfectly in line with my early readings ( w. only the 1K on the clock) because I, as mentioned, I got the higher MPGs based upon a school girl's speed of around 60. NO jack rabbits- straight 70 plus HWY only miles to Tasca Ford.

Once I was held up in line for a few minutes in the lot, it dropped to from the 37.

I believe high 30s is fantastic, and I see here now, another EcoBooster has actually seen the BIG FOUR O !

"Not Too Shabby".

·
Registered
115 Posts
I crossed Ohio at a steady state 72 miles per hour, and I got 34 mpg all day long. My Ecoboost Fusion with the 2.0L engine only reached 25 mpg.

Reactions: DickGuard

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just took my '16 EB auto. On her first ROADTRIP. Set my cruise control at 75, with stops of course, recorded 32 mpg. That was running 87 octane, temps in the mid 90's and humid. <-- the worst conditions. Not disappointed at all.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Just took my '16 EB auto. On her first ROADTRIP. Set my cruise control at 75, with stops of course, recorded 32 mpg. That was running 87 octane, temps in the mid 90's and humid. <-- the worst conditions. Not disappointed at all.
ABSOLUTELY !
And, you WILL GET EVEN BETTER MPGs !

IE: We took our '15 Eco Pony, last year to a TASCA Ford Car Show, a distance of about 65 to 70 miles, in September
average speed about 60 mph, and the onboard computer registered a legit 37 MPG !!! ..for the ride- also using only 87 Octane Gas.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Chicago to Milwaukee, flat roads, earned 35mpg. Chicago to Nashville, hills/mountains earned 30mpg. (3.31 rear)

With flat roads, 6th gear, cruise set to 73mph...all good. Mountains, 5th gear, cruise at 70mph. You'll loose lots of fuel in 6th gear going up a mountain under boost, so leaving in 5th gear under vacuum made for better fuel economy.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'll be driving from Chicago to southern FL in the Mustang with the GF and the Dog. I'll see what is does for mileage. Longest roadtrip I've done in the mustang prior to this was about 60 miles and I didn't pay any attention to mileage.. lol.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I'll be driving from Chicago to southern FL in the Mustang with the GF and the Dog. I'll see what is does for mileage. Longest roadtrip I've done in the mustang prior to this was about 60 miles and I didn't pay any attention to mileage.. lol.

Sounds like a FUN Road Trip !
You will realize at least MID 30s MPG !

We did a Foxboro / Patriots Stadium- Cruise Night short road trip up Rte 495 in MA and also got high 30s..
15 at Foxboro June 2015.JPG

( as long as you stay close to legal :rolleyes: )

·
Registered
244 Posts
I'm in D.C. at the moment ...... Summer Nationals and a baseball game. Came up 64 then 95 north ........ cruise control set about 75 mph and got 31.9 mpg with my tune. Pretty happy about that ......... :D

Reactions: DickGuard

·
Registered
138 Posts
Well on the road as I write this. GF is driving the last leg to south ft Myers. i averaged 32mpg driving smooth 70-80 mph. GF is all over the place.. Lol 65-95mph. Lots of in and out of boost and getting only 28mpg.

Water injection is fan freakin tactic. Charge air temps drop like a stone to well below ambient when you get into boost. Ambient temps have been in the 95-99* so it's getting a workout.

·
Registered
441 Posts
6-speed man + 3K miles + maybe 50/50 city/highway + 89-93 Octane. Avg speed is debatable. I do like to sneak into 3 digits. And I love my 0-60s.

= 24 mpg

·
Registered
28 Posts
I can't speak to what the mpg's for the 2018 ecoboost mustang is but my 2019 hit 34 mpg's on an 1100 mile trip last year. It did so at an average speed of 70 mph.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts