Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this has gone on the past three times i started her up. There are no lights going off on my dash, so i guess that’s good. Well when i start her up, it just doesn’t sound like she wants to start. She does start, but it sounds “sad” that’s the only way i can describe it. It doesn’t sound like she wants to go, or start up and i feel like she is going to stall out on me. Any ideas?
my dad took a look at the battery and said that that is what it probably is, because it has fuzzy stuff on it a little, so he said that can cause it but if any one has any other ideas please let me know!
I get off work in the morning so i’m going to go buy a battery then.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Did you check the battery voltage? You need a multi meter for this. When running you can check the voltage across the posts, it will probably be over 13.6V if your charging system is okay. A fully charged battery should be around 12.7V (engine off), anything less is not fully charged and indicative of a failing battery. You can also check it when starting. You or your dad can start the car and if the battery drops below 12V on the meter when turning over, it’s the battery.

·
Registered
8 Posts
How old is the battery? I had to replace the battery on my 2018 back in July. You should also have the charging system check. Another thing is the possibility of a blown head gasket. Sorry for the possible bad news.

·
Registered
916 Posts
How old is the battery? I had to replace the battery on my 2018 back in July. You should also have the charging system check. Another thing is the possibility of a blown head gasket. Sorry for the possible bad news.
I just ordered a new AGM battery from Costco on Saturday for my 2018 (delivered July that year). My voltage has steadily dropped and the battery no longer will fully charge on the charger. Don't want to get stuck somewhere so replacing before that happens. Too many OEM battery failures noted here and on M6G to ignore the warning signs.

·
Registered
318 Posts
So this has gone on the past three times i started her up. There are no lights going off on my dash, so i guess that’s good. Well when i start her up, it just doesn’t sound like she wants to start. She does start, but it sounds “sad” that’s the only way i can describe it. It doesn’t sound like she wants to go, or start up and i feel like she is going to stall out on me. Any ideas?
my dad took a look at the battery and said that that is what it probably is, because it has fuzzy stuff on it a little, so he said that can cause it but if any one has any other ideas please let me know!
I get off work in the morning so i’m going to go buy a battery then.
What year is your car, and how many miles on it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts