Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I have a 2015 Ecoboost PP which I’ve modified the suspension with SR lowering springs and new shock/struts of the same brand as well as installed a bumpsteer kit. I’ve been having issues with the ride on roads lately. Even with alignment my car feels unstable and bumpy as well as weight of the car completely on the driver side and not feeling centered. it’s only been dropped 1.5 inches, not slammed so it’s shouldn’t be that rough. I can’t figure out what is wrong. Hoping somebody has had a similar problem and found a solution.
Thank you!

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Do you hear any squeaking anywhere? Did you put the springs in yourself or have someone do them? I have one inch drop springs from Steeda on Performance Pack struts and steeda Bumpstops....and the car is the opposite of "unstable". Now, I will say that I have a few other items that stiffen up my suspension some, and if I do get on a bumpy road, its not the greatest experience....but on flat surfaces, its like its on rails. So I imagine, that something was either not done right during the install or you simply just need a better alignment.

I had been taking my car to places like Tire Kingdom for alignments for years. Recently, I decided to find a guy that did "custom racing alignments". I paid about $20 more and got the most evenly aligned car I've ever driven in my life. My point is, that if it isn't the install on the parts, you might want to find a guy who does professional alignments rather than leaving it to some 19 year old, with only a week working the equipment, at the tire install shop. Not only that but the dude walked me through a whole "suspension inspection" where he checked everything and noted a few things more for me. If the problem persists, its something to think about.

PS - I might be wrong, but my impression has always been that bumpsteer kits are only needed on aggressive drops...say....3 inches? Not sure you really need a bumpsteer kit with 1.5 inch drop.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Hello everyone,
I have a 2015 Ecoboost PP which I’ve modified the suspension with SR lowering springs and new shock/struts of the same brand as well as installed a bumpsteer kit. I’ve been having issues with the ride on roads lately. Even with alignment my car feels unstable and bumpy as well as weight of the car completely on the driver side and not feeling centered. it’s only been dropped 1.5 inches, not slammed so it’s shouldn’t be that rough. I can’t figure out what is wrong. Hoping somebody has had a similar problem and found a solution.
Thank you!
Had the same weird issues when I lowered my 17 GT PP, turns out ford, in an effort to save cost used bonded bushings in the sway bar mounts. For me the fix was adjustable sway bar end links, that I could shorten the same amount as the drop.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts